Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do guys like this persist at boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

Boxing needs journeymen, simple.
    And he probably was doing it for the money, most journeymen rack up a lot of ring time. Fighting 3 times a month in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

Money
    He sees boxing as his job, most people arent the best in the world at work but they all dont throw the towel in (pardon the pun)
    training in the gym every day for a couple of hours and fighting every few weeks and making a living at it.
    Hes not doing a 60 hour week at something he hates , so whos the fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Money
    He sees boxing as his job, most people arent the best in the world at work but they all dont throw the towel in (pardon the pun)
    training in the gym every day for a couple of hours and fighting every few weeks and making a living at it.
    Hes not doing a 60 hour week at something he hates , so whos the fool?

He is. He fought 24 times in 2007 and never won once. He basically got paid a pittance for getting his brain pummeled 24 times over 12 months, and that's just 1 year of 11. This shouldn't be allowed, boxers need to protect themselves from repetitive traumatic brain injury. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia_pugilistica

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He is. He fought 24 times in 2007 and never won once. He basically got paid a pittance for getting his brain pummeled 24 times over 12 months, and that's just 1 year of 11. This shouldn't be allowed, boxers need to protect themselves from repetitive traumatic brain injury. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia_pugilistica

Was thinking the exact same thing myself. Surely the pittance money for what he goes thru is not justification. The sport was his drug I guess, pity it was such a dangerous drug for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Money

The chap isn't really a boxer though, he's a guy that takes beatings for a living :pac:
    He's only managed 1 win from his last 60 fights and he just scraped that.
    No way should he be allowed to fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

I don't think the public at large realise the sheer number of guys there are in boxing who never win any fights.

Anyone ever seen the great Edward Rackley in action?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Henno30 wrote: »
    I don't think the public at large realise the sheer number of guys there are in boxing who never win any fights.

Anyone ever seen the great Edward Rackley in action?

like a young walshb i believe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I saw the boxer down my local last night.

Was offering any man to have a go at him, but he'd have to put 10 yoyo's down.

Advertisement