Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT jobs available(Syd), Systems Analyst, DBA & java developer

Options
  • 08-03-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my company is ramping up for various roles in the IT world

Wanted Systems Analyst, Java developers (ideally websphere) ideally 2yrs+ industry exp, DB roles (oracle)

These will mostly be in the production support area, which means analysing and fixing current issues in production.

Also some possible project development work (but that will be april-May time frame)

If interested PM me and I can send on details.

You do need a working visa though (WHV, 457, PR) and looking for people in Australia rather than Ireland looking to get a job here.

If WHV, sponsorship may be available for the right person, but this will be a contract role rather than full time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

*bump* My boss is interviewing this week and next
    6 month contract role and further extension for the right person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Not a huge take up I take it.....

Seriously kids there is a lesson here.

If you have a head for software use it. If you good you will always be able to find something.

The best thing I use to love about software was the look of horror when you turned to the person rushing you and said.

"Do you want to do this?"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LongTail

Man, I hope this sort of recruitment drive is still going on when I land over in June. I'm coming with a WHV so a 6 month contracting role would be ideal for me. I'll be coming with 4 years software testing experience so hopefully that is some use. I’ll be trying Melbourne first and if that falls through I’ll move on to Sydney.

I noticed the importance placed on being in Australia when applying for the job. Are you not taking seriously if you apply for a position from Ireland before going over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Being half way around the world is something most employers tend to not favour.
    Also face to face interviews are much better

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LongTail

Makes sense Hussey. Can't blame them really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pa_

PM sent

Advertisement