Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online O & O's

Options
  • 08-03-2012 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Dunno how this will go. I found this blog and wondered if any other O & O's come across blogs by other O & O's you might like to share. Some funny comments on this one, but his photography is fabulous.

http://oldstersview.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I just found an Irish oul'fella

http://www.headrambles.com/

None of yiz wanna join in, no? Maybe headrambles is already here. :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

I like this fella. He has a sense of humour.

I only read this page, I'll get back to it tomorrow:

http://milanarea.com/seniorintro.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Grandad Himself

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I like this fella. He has a sense of humour.

*Cough*

:D

[Thanks!]

*Cough*

:D

[Thanks!]

Is it yourself? You're lookin' well!

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Is it yourself? You're lookin' well!

It is. Or it was the last time I looked. Is there anything I should know about this place before I get thrown out?

Hullo. Well, a sense of (the ridiculous) humour helps! Just follow the leads already here and you'll pick up what we are all about, but having seen your blog, you're already there Grandad! Welcome to senior infants! Chucken is known for making soup for all events and ailments so you can go to her for succour, Rubecula takes us down his own memory lane with great tales of misadventure and Old Goat and Looksee keep an eye on us. You'll get to know the rest of us over a few posts here and there. Also, having seen the Mod's guillotine being used lately, we are usually asked to behave ourselves but some of us can be very bold.

I used to hand around in here many many years ago in a previous incarnation, but things seem to have changed a lot. Or maybe I have?

Leastwise I shall adopt you as my Indian Spirit Guide.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Note that there are a few forbidden topics (see the Charter). Now the forum is quiet enough so us mods get bored easly and we will swing the banhammer at forbidden word users just for the practice. Just sayin'. :cool:

Pull up a chair, settle your feet under the table and I'll swop two of my yellow tablets for one of your blue ones.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Yellow Tablets and blue tablets? Would they be named uppers and downers by the yoofs of today?:D

And don't let the new guy have my chair I just got the seat comfy for my somewhat wider than usual behind.

(Nice to meet you Grandad Himself, please excuse the funny smell, it is OldGoat's bunny slippers. We keep trying to hide them but he finds them every time. I don't think he should have used real bunnies .... well not live one's anyway they do make a bit of a mess.) I am the young sensitive and sane one of the regulars.

I also nick Jellybabies from Jellybaby and anyone else who has them available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yellow Tablets and blue tablets? Would they be named uppers and downers by the yoofs of today?

I think that was a previous set of yoof, like about '80s. A lot of generations between us and them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

ahhh Looksee I am afraid I am just an oldie who is lost in this sort of thing. :)

Well now, I don't claim to be an expert on yellow and blue tablets, mine are all white, apart from one lot that are kind of beigy coloured.

First of all, could we please add the word ‘beige’ to the forbidden words/topics. Why? ‘Cos it’s yuck, that’s all. Conjures up all sorts of …..eugh!

Secondly, I never told Grandad about the forbidden topics, ‘cos I likes to see sparks fly when they are mentioned! Mark my words, if you don’t know about them, you will mention them. HAH! (sorry if I scared you, that’s just my loud guffaw, bored with smilies!)

Rubes, never thought you were one to reserve your pew! Whoda thunk it?

Yes its a real mothballs and lisle stockings colour. Sadly that is in fact the colour of the tablets, fortunately describing them doesn't often come up in conversation, so I can forthwith avoid the word. :p

Damn! This "forbidden words" thing has me intrigued now. I suppose the only thing I can do is start up a barrage of topics and wait to see which ones are banned.

...or just read the charter thread. :)

Grandad have a lookee here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056196750

right at the very very very very bottom of Post #1.

Though if you check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056565407 you will see that it can be done...

Bugger! If I can't talk about b**** or B*** N** then what can I talk about? Are strip poker and Guinness allowed?

• Advertisement

Well you can talk about them, they might be a bit heady to actually get involved in :D

Scantilly clad gambling and imbibing drinkies? You and I, Sir, are going to get along just fine. :cool:

OG are you leading the newbies astray again?

(to be read in a chapel sermon voice) You are supposed to be a basition of respectability, a rock on which the forum can lean, an anchor in the storms of debate. You should stand, like Moses, above the madding crowd, sternly guiding and caring for your flock. (how many metaphors is that?)

And how many feather boas can you remove before you are in trouble?

looksee wrote: »
    (to be read in a chapel sermon voice) You are supposed to be a basition of respectability, a rock on which the forum can lean, an anchor in the storms of debate. You should stand, like Moses, above the madding crowd, sternly guiding and caring for your flock.
    Has anyone ever told you how attractive you are when you're sermonising? :cool:

/Ducks - runs

Oh OG! How sweet! (I think ;))

(I did have a bit in about Moses holding his staff, but decided against it.)

Ye gods, this place has gone to pot since I last looked in here. How quickly downhill it can all go. :(:(:(:(

I blame the sunny Friday

Yeah, that sun just goes to everyone's head, in Ireland, England, Wales, and the United States of America. :rolleyes:

In a feeble attempt to get this thread back on topic, I offer these keyboard warriors -
    http://www.ageuk.org.uk/work-and-learning/technology-and-internet/volunteer/internet-champions/internet-champion-helps-oldest-user-get-on-to-facebook/

and http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7739993-lillian-lowe-the-oldest-internet-user-in-the-world - though this one is more entertaining for its quotation marks and use of English :D

• Advertisement

Well done to those ladies. And they are not hiding behind pseud, suednum, psuedn............usernames! Like wot we are!

Advertisement