Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump

Options
  • 07-03-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have a Newteam 3.0 bar twin impeller NTPUMP 100R shower pump that is not working properly
    http://www.thebathtub.co.uk/Newteam/Bristan-Shower-Booster-Pump-100R-3-Bar-FREE-DELIVERY

Its running a shower and kitchen tap that is not working.
    Last week the pump was continued to pump when the shower and tap were turned off so I disconnected the electricity to see if this reset it but that didn't work, then I happened to notice that a magnet passed over the side flange where the cable and sensor was and it seemed to effect the pump and it turned off when it was near, I played around with the magnet and it I got it to work as normal, but last night it happened again and I tried the same steps above and I got the pump to turn off by passing the magnet over it, but now the pump only works when the magnet is beside the sensor on the side.

Does anyone know what’s going wrong and how to fix it, I think the micro switch is out of place or something any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Where did you buy it...

and it sounds like you either have a stuck motor or dicky flow switch

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

I bought if from a bathroom shop that is no longer trading abiut 3 or 4 years ago.
    I'd say it's more likely the flow switch rather than the motor as it works fine when the magnet is near it.
    Is the flow switch easy to replace and where can I get one???

Why i ask is if you bought it in ireland KMT Wholesale in thomastown kilkenny will give you support if you bought it in ireland.

I reckoning on the flow switch as well but sometimes due to ill treatment the motor can jam. I am not implying you ill treat it. Thats just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

I was researching this and I found the following:

"If the pump does not stop when closing the valves, check to see if the reed switch on either end have become dislodged. Alternatively unclip each reed switch, one at a time from the brass outlet and see if ths stops the pump, indicating the float is stuck up inside and needs removal and cleaning."

on this website http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/pump-assist/faqs-and-troubleshooting#2

From reading this I'm pretty sure it's the float my question is has anyone every done this, and can anyone explain to me how this works, thank you

I was researching this and I found the following:

"If the pump does not stop when closing the valves, check to see if the reed switch on either end have become dislodged. Alternatively unclip each reed switch, one at a time from the brass outlet and see if ths stops the pump, indicating the float is stuck up inside and needs removal and cleaning."

on this website http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/pump-assist/faqs-and-troubleshooting#2

From reading this I'm pretty sure it's the float my question is has anyone every done this, and can anyone explain to me how this works, thank you

Thats the flow switch i was refering to. Its in the pump at the part where the hoses attach. You should be able to open the housing at that end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement