Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB wrong dob on mortgage

Options
  • 07-03-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Ptsb rang me today to discuss on mortgage and after asking me security questions were unable to continue with call as my date of birth is wrong. Needless to say I gave them my correct and only date of birth. How can this happen. Could they have drawn down mortgage with incorrect details? I have spoken to numerous people over the phone during the past 6 years on this account with no problems. PTSB now want me to go up with my passport. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well if you couldn't get past this stage in the process, it's unlikely you would get to the draw down stage it would seem..

It could be anything? Did you apply online? If so, you may have mis-keyed. If you applied in branch or over the phone, perhaps the staff member did. We couldn't possibly know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

We have the mortgage for 6 years now - just wanted to discuss rates - very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

I'd say they just entered the wrong date of birth on their system for you. They probably have the year correct and it's just the date or month that's incorrect. This wouldn't stop you drawing down the mortgage as the ID you provided is just to confirm your identity and your age to confirm the term you qualify for on the mortgage. When you bring your passport to any branch they'll amend your records. I guess your DOB hasn't been a security question you've been asked before by them? Or did you recently open any accounts with them and if they input the incorrect DOB it would update the records on all existing accounts.

Well they said the date of birth I confirmed was nothing like what they have on their system. I most defiantly have been asked numerous times for my date of birth before. No I haven't opened any other account with them

canihave wrote: »
    Well they said the date of birth I confirmed was nothing like what they have on their system. I most defiantly have been asked numerous times for my date of birth before. No I haven't opened any other account with them

Maybe they were looking at the wrong account...

• Advertisement

That thought crossed my mind but they could confirm the address of the property and the other holder of the account. I spoke to a manager about it also who is looking into it but finds it very strange also.

That thought crossed my mind but they could confirm the address of the property and the other holder of the account. I spoke to a manager about it also who is looking into it but finds it very strange also.

Maybe they were looking at the other party to the accounts DOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭irishgeo

write to them and request all your info under the data protection act and request all the data they hold on you. They must reply in 40 days.

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2Ffaq%2FFAQ%2Ehtm&CatID=25&m=f

and look at section 3

If you find any data is found to be incorrect are entitled to have it amended
    What can I do if I find that personal data held about me is incorrect?

If you discover that information kept about you by a data controller is inaccurate, you have a right to have that information rectified or, in some cases you may also have the information erased. This right may also be met by the appending of a statement from you relating to the matters which are deemed inaccurate.

Additionally, if the entity keeping the personal data has no good reason to hold it, i.e. it is irrelevant or excessive for the purpose, or if the information has not been obtained fairly, you can have the information rectified or erased.

You can exercise your rights in this area by simply writing to the entity keeping your data specifying your views which must comply or indicate why it will not do so within 40 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Are they far away from you?

Otherwise, the only thought: "go up with your passport".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Are they far away from you?

Otherwise, the only thought: "go up with your passport".

:pac:

Its more than likely its the database that's incorrect and i doubt the branch staff have access to change it.

• Advertisement

I am close, called in yesterday to give written request for change to interest rate. I also gave a copy of my passport but they were not able to confirm anything and told me I'd have to ring - can't do this as can't confirm my date of birth as per their records. The manager was supposed to ring me back, but no word so far. Once I get my tracker I don't mind but it's annoying as have quite a few questions in relation to my mortgage t the moment.

I am close, called in yesterday to give written request for change to interest rate. I also gave a copy of my passport but they were not able to confirm anything and told me I'd have to ring - can't do this as can't confirm my date of birth as per their records. The manager was supposed to ring me back, but no word so far. Once I get my tracker I don't mind but it's annoying as have quite a few questions in relation to my mortgage t the moment.

Ring ptsb Customer Relations Dept on 1890818700 or email customerrelationsdepartment@permanenttsb.ie and you'll get to the bottom of it fairly quickly...

I rang them. It turns out that PTSB would never ask you to confirm your date of birth! This is being investigated further now by PTSB - however in the meantime I'm left wondering what is the effect of me giving out my date of birth.

Advertisement