Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Clone Wars

• 07-03-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been keeping up with this series? I've been meaning to catch up (I have the first two seasons on Blu Ray), but the announcement that a certain character is returning in the series soon has piqued my interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I've been following it (tho not week-to-week). I'm up to ep 4.12 atm.

Which character is returning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've seen the feature film only at this point :o Is it any good?

^^ It's better than the prequels (or ep 1 and 2 at least).

The prequel characters are interesting to about the point of 20mins only, which is why this show works so well. Anakin is as 2D (pun intended) as he was in the movies but it doesn't matter because this show is generally action-heavy rather than story driven.

The worst thing Lucasfilm ever did was make a theatrical pilot episode of Clone Wars as it's too long for a story involving these characters and eventually put a lot of people off watching the show itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I found it to cartoony for my liking so gave up watching it after a few episodes, strangely I did enjoy the original series.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I never really got into it, who is returning? I must give it a proper run sometime.

• Advertisement

I think he means Darth Maul is returning in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

kitakyushu wrote: »
    I think he means Darth Maul is returning in it.

Indeed, he's returning in tomorrow's episode. The purist in me doesn't like it, but my inner 12-year-old thinks it's very cool. I must resist watching that episode until I see the rest of the series though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I got the first (proper) series but didn't get past the first two or three episodes. Funnily enough I watched the first episode again yesterday with my padawan learner and I'm going to give it another go. I keep picking up the Insider and seeing some characters which appear along the line like
    Boba Fett, Chewie and now Maul
    so for that alone I think I might stick it out this time!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

So what was DM's com back like?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Picked up the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray a couple of weeks back, and am nearly finished series 1. I have to say even tho its clearly aimed at kids, I'm still finding it very enjoyable. The Clones are as expendable as they are in the movies.. And my biggest gripe with the prequels is that we didn't see enough of the other Jedi/council in action. This is fixed somewhat, as each Jedi have an episode centred around them. Ala, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Luminara Undli, Yoda, Windu and a strangly hot Aayla Secura :p

Would recommend this show to any Star Wars fan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

ziedth wrote: »
    So what was DM's com back like?

They've to yet do anything with make it worthwhile (in my opinion) and haven't explained how he even got off Naboo.

First episode was mostly build up with
    Maul's brother Savage Opress looking for him
    , and the second episode which had
    Kenobi teaming up with Asajj Ventress to fight them
    was an enjoyable idea but
    for a Jedi Master, he got defeated (he had to retreat anyway) too easily against a man who didn't even have two legs
    a short time beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I had never seen the animated series, but I got to admit... this blew me away when it popped up on my random youtube clips page..

is this animated series worth watching?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I had never seen the animated series, but I got to admit... this blew me away when it popped up on my random youtube clips page..

is this animated series worth watching?

Weird timing. I’ve just started watching this again. I had watched it a good few years back.
    First season is all set up. And the entire series isn’t in chronological order. You can look up recommended viewing order.
    There’s a mountain of amazing stuff in this series. Which adds to and enriches the entire saga but Especially the prequels. Lucas was at the helm for this and it’s him at his best. There’s so much cool stuff with the Jedi and Sith but especially as it pertains to Anakin and obi wan and Palpatine and Yoda.
    People struggle with the animation but you do get over it quite quickly once you’ve seen a few episodes.

I’d say definitely watch it if you have any love of Star Wars. By the end you’ll be upset they never finished it. Loads of money and take over reasons for that.
    But overall it’s a brilliant series. It is Star Wars and with that comes stuff for the kids but it’s dark and force heavy and political intrigue the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

12 New Episodes to finish off the Clone Wars, including ones they storyboarded and did rough animations for, as well as the Ahsoka's finale leading right into Order 66.

Dave Filoni, have my babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

MUST NOT HYPE

well.. not too much! :D

Anakins eyes getting so dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

"So this is how liberty dies . . . with thunderous applause" - all the new Star Wars stuff going to Disneys online service! Another extra outgoing each month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm rewatching TCW in Chronological order to get even more hyped for the new season
    It's actually even better the second time around, recommend ye do it if ye have only watched them once

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I'm rewatching TCW in Chronological order to get even more hyped for the new season
    It's actually even better the second time around, recommend ye do it if ye have only watched them once

I dunno. My original impressions of the Ahsoka and Anakin introduction and relationship building are pretty tight so...

Someone took clone wars voices from the Battlefront II game and dubbed them over film scenes:

• Advertisement

The showed a trailer at Star Wars Celebration!

Buried deep in the panel it was :)

Red Text...

Official Trailer! I'm SO in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I'm am watching this for the first time, on season 3, I just finished those 3 episodes on Mortis.

Wow, this is bloody good stuff!!!

Well.. the show after that point.. well .. it just keeps getting better..

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

I'm am watching this for the first time, on season 3, I just finished those 3 episodes on Mortis.

Wow, this is bloody good stuff!!!

Also working my way though this, but a bit ahead of you on Season 5. Whilst not all the arcs are fantastic, when a story does take off, it really soars and is up there with the best of the Star Wars Universe. I just finished the Mandalore arc which was just superb. Whilst this is a cartoon, there is some very dark subject material which is great for older folk, but I don't think this is always suitable for kids. A really good show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you're not already planning it, watching Rebels after you're finished Clone Wars won't disappoint.
    Like Clone Wars it doesn't seem to be as good, but it picks up as it goes on and becomes a great sequel series to Clone Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you're not already planning it, watching Rebels after you're finished Clone Wars won't disappoint.
    Like Clone Wars it doesn't seem to be as good, but it picks up as it goes on and becomes a great sequel series to Clone Wars

It feels a bit slow and kiddy to start with, but it picks up speed as season one ends and doesn't really stop.

Also.. Rebels should be watched before watching the last season of clone wars.

There's probably a better guide out there to what ordering to put on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can spoiler the answer but why do you say that? I know Clone Wars final season aired after Rebels, but I don't remember anything that would spoil Rebels, since the final season of Clone Wars was already written before Rebels, I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Coincidentally enough I am on the 3rd season of Rebels this week. But if watching last season of Clone wars after season 4 is a help, I will certainly do that..

Advertisement