Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timelapse of Aviva

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Very nice video Jeeves, how exactly did you set that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeeves01

Cheers Tororosso,

I had a loan of a friends camera. So I had 2 canon 600d's. I had the Tokina 11-16 on one and the nifty 50 on the other. I had 3 tripods. One was simply locked off and the other two were supporting a dynamic perception. http://dynamicperception.com/

I had got in contact with some people in Aviva and they arranged for me to get in and all they asked for was to upload the fotoage to there youtube channel. It was a great experiance and i learned a lot from it. I had only done landsacpes up to that. Most of what I have learned is from a forum called timescapes.org

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Geez, 3 tripods! your back must have been wrecked :eek: Thanks for the links. I'll definitely take a look at the timescapes site :) Looks fun from what you posted in your video!

How do you find the tokina lens by the way?

I love it. I was in an interview recently and someone said "what kind of lenes do you have" I broke into a big fawning smile when mentioning it. The picture quality from it is exelent. TBH I dont have much to go on because I only have the three lenes. The kit lens 18-55 the Nifty Fifty and the Tokina.

Id also highly reconmend some of the profiles for the canons http://philipbloom.net/2011/09/18/pictureprofiles/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Excellently done! Lots going on, differing viewpoints and very appropriate music. There's a story in it from start to finish. Love it, well done.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that.
    The next morning I wasnt sure if I had much but then Friday night(i work a 9-5, i was dying to get cracking on it) when I got to process it all I started to think I had something. If I get to do it again i think it could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I swear those goal-posts are moving...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Excellent work!

well worth all the effort

Cheers lads. Good to get some responces to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Excellent work. I really like the story that is being told here and the music just goes so well. I applaud you for your work.

My only advice would be to put credits at the end giving yourself a bit of well credit ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil, as I mentioned above i had a job interview so should have really been working on that more but next time ill def stick in some credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Much much better than the 90 minutes of rubbish we endured that night. Nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jazzyk

Great work, did you get this http://dynamicperception.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_8&products_id=3 shipped to Ireland. Was looking to get one but seems expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jonnybangbang

really love the video. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

how did you get the slow panning effect, is it post inediting or a motor or do you manually move the tripods around ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Great stuff and the music doesn't detract from it either which I've seen so often with this type of thing done.

Advertisement