Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reverse fridge door

Options
  • 07-03-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

hi, recently noticed fridge door seal needed replacing ,which i did yesterday but noticed that there is a gap at bottom of door between seal and fridge body (not on the hinge side),And if i give it a push it seals but next time you open the door the gap is there.
    Obviously there is a problem with the door hinge ,so i was going to reverse the door opening and hope that this will solve the problem.

My question is has anyone done this (it is possible) and do i need to replace any parts ie washers or is it a matter of just switching the parts. Any suggestions appreciated. I have looked the process up on line and looks simple enough,just looking for tips.
    Cheers dom

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

We reversed the door on our new fridge a while back (for convenience rather than due to any problem) - it was pretty straightforward and there've been no ill effects. No tips I can think of off-hand, other than to remember which washers, screws, etc. went where!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dom17

thanks ,thought as much just hope this solves the problem

Advertisement