Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coleman (splutter) at large (splutter)

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭

Eh has this guy or anyone in Newstalk (cough) listened to his show?

He went on a rant (cough) tonight about his freedom to express his views, well fine but I wouldn't (grunt) want to be using that mike after him to express my views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

withless wrote: »
    Eh has this guy or anyone in Newstalk (cough) listened to his show?

He went on a rant (cough) tonight about his freedom to express his views, well fine but I wouldn't (grunt) want to be using that mike after him to express my views.

Very much like that (cough) last week.

Very fooking annoying, had to turn off. Oh and he'd Bill Tormey on again, which made me smash the (cough) radio up having turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I was trying to (wheeze) eat a sammich tonight and (gurgle) had to switch it off so I could keep it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coleman has a condition which means he is subject to involuntary throat movements or something (I forget the detail) anyway he really shouldn't be a radio presenter.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For a while there over the past few weeks he seemed to have got it slightly under control (or maybe I just stopped noticing it) but last night it seemed to be back worse than ever. I dunno, I enjoy his show and that's the one irritating thing about it (imo anyway). It seems to be worst whenever he's reading texts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I quite like him, to pick on him for his health is poor show...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Whatever about Coleman and his views etc. He really should NOT be presenting a show on radio with that condition.It's absolutely ridiculous.
    I wonder does he actually get paid?:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Vahevala wrote: »

I like him too, but in radio voice and communication is the most important thing, and in this respect (whatever the reason may be) Coleman falls down as a broadcaster.

It's a harsh reality yes, but that's just the way it is.

Let's take another example. Say for example there was someone with an uncontrollable stutter. The chances of them getting a job on radio, especially talk radio, are slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Vahevala wrote: »
    He doesn't have poor health. If true, he has a condition which makes him cough and splutter when presenting his radio show. I try to listen but when he is having a bad night of it...

He should go and get a job with Howard Stern.

Advertisement