Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Sparrows & Starlings

Options
  • 06-03-2012 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello.

I bought my first house back in August and all has been going well until 2 weeks ago. It seems A few sparrows & starlings have decided to put up camp under the roof tiles in our home. The noise these guys make last thing at night and first thing in the morn isn't funny. There seemed to be 2 starlings and 2-3 sparrows at first but on Friday past we looked into the nest, seen there was no eggs and blocked off the access but they seemed to have gotten through this and there actually seems to be even more now!

What can I do to get rid of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I guess you'll have to repeat what you did earlier - no harm in having your roof rodent proof in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I had a similar problem with starlings in the past- be prepared for a battle! They're very canny and extremely persistent, so try to block up every possible entrance. I used wire mesh and they actually pecked their way through it, so I would use a heavy grade mesh and make sure it is fastened securely or jammed in so it can't be extracted. Obviously, try to get it sorted before they start nesting or you will have another season of it- good luck with it

Advertisement