Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do a graphic design or a web design course?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I just finished a certificate in web development.

I wish to further my skills. I saw a graphic design course for two nights a week for ten weeks and starts next month.

The other is an advanced web design course for one night a week for twelve weeks starting in May.

I like graphic design and it's something I'd like to pursue more, but the web design skills may be more practical.

Although the web design skills may be something I can learn on my own through online tutorials and practice, since I have the web development skills.

Which should I choose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭insertclever

Hard decision to make, I used to do both graphic and web design and to be honest, any junior position these days for a graphic designer they normally look for both graphic and web design/dev skills.

If you already have web dev, I think you should give the graphic design a go if that's a route you want to go down and maybe tinker with some web design tutorials like you mentioned.

Just my two cents...

Advertisement