Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Closed Account" under name.

Options
  • 06-03-2012 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

Can Closed Account be banned from being put under the names of people who are in fact not after closing their accounts? It's very annoying when replying to a thread and not knowing if the person you wrote to will in fact reply.

I know ye have done it with "Banned" so I imagine this would be a quick job.

I know it's not a really big deal and if it even makes the list it's way down it, but no harm in saying it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well, when it says "Closed Account" surely that clears up the question "I wonder will this person reply?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Can Closed Account be banned from being put under the names of people who are in fact not after closing their accounts? It's very annoying when replying to a thread and not knowing if the person you wrote to will in fact reply.

I know ye have done it with "Banned" so I imagine this would be a quick job.

I know it's not a really big deal and if it even makes the list it's way down it, but no harm in saying it :)

Ah but your imagination doesn't know the full truth around the user title censor. It does not deal in phrases, just in words. A long time ago we added the word closed to that censor, so it should show up as asterisks. I've warned one user already about abusing the user title like this just after closed accounts came in :) If you have a particular user who has the word Closed in their user title then do point them out to me so I can have a look, either here or via PM.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Well, when it says "Closed Account" surely that clears up the question "I wonder will this person reply?"

Not if the user in question happens to be a subscriber who can change what it says under their username at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not if the user in question happens to be a subscriber who can change what it says under their username at will.

Oh wow! I never thought of subscribers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Looked into this. The filter is fine, the person who had Closed Account has actually closed their account :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement