Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to send this ebay bought ticket back?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently purchased a Stone Roses ticket off ebay. I already have 2 but saw one been sold by a seller with good feedback stalled on €47 so I put on a bid. I imagine the seller was just putting it at a low price expecting buyers to outbid each other into a higher than face value and there was a few days left so didn't think anything of it. Low and behold, nobody else bid and I won, happy days!

Anyway, the ticket finally arrived today in the post from Belgium :confused:. It's a feckin print off!!! Serious alarm bells have gone off. I mean I can take it to ticketmaster to confirm it's authenticity but I can't be sure that he hasn't printed it off numerous times and sold it each time (bare in mind, he's got excellent feedback all for items that have some value).

I checked back his past items and noticed he had sold another Stone Roses ticket to someone else for €90 (bidding began at €70). I emailed this seller to explain my concern that we might be duped and asked him if he wanted to possibly trade the last 3 digits on our tickets to see if they're the same, waiting for a reply.

Basically, I feel a bit irked at this sale. The ad never said a printed off ticket. I now don't want the thing, as I already have some for myself and I don't trust this A4 page. I was going to give it to my mate but the risk of going out there only to be turned away is big in my mind. I'd gladly send this flimsy piece of paper back to the seller if I could, have I a right to contend this though? Paypal says it will only keep disputes open for 45 days but the concert is on in July.

What do you think is my best course of action here? Contact seller and try to reason with him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have no right to return. Even if you did send the ticket back, how would the seller know you didn't copy it? Basically, it's a no win situation for you.

Paypal will most likely not investigate any claim anyway, as this is an e-ticket and therefore likely to be an intangible item. Paypal don't investigate on such items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

That's what I was afraid of. I'll hold off feedback until after the gig though, and I'll let him know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

First time I bought tickets off ebay I got them in pdf formt. Was sligtly worried myself but absolutely no problem. its more and more common to have tickets that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's what I was afraid of. I'll hold off feedback until after the gig though, and I'll let him know why.

You won't be able to leave feedback at that point, it expires after 90 days.
    Dodge wrote: »
    First time I bought tickets off ebay I got them in pdf formt. Was sligtly worried myself but absolutely no problem. its more and more common to have tickets that way

True that a lot of tickets are e-ticket now, so you just need to be careful to pick a trustworthy seller. Even then, scams can happen, especially if the gig is a long way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

you should ask him for the original link to the ticket so that you can print it off yourself and get it checked with ticketmaster or whoever issues him the ticket to make sure it is valid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

chopsey wrote: »
    you should ask him for the original link to the ticket so that you can print it off yourself and get it checked with ticketmaster or whoever issues him the ticket to make sure it is valid

I don't doubt the tickets valid, I'm just afraid he's copied the same one over and over again and the first ticket at the gate will be the only valid one. It's not like I've got a hologram for authenticity. I'll show it to ticket master to be sure though. Shítty situation, I'll mail him to say I'm not happy for all the good it'll do.
    jor el wrote: »
    You won't be able to leave feedback at that point, it expires after 90 days.
    Bòllocks
    :mad:

Advertisement