Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moyglare Hall, Maynooth

Options
  • 05-03-2012 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

We have been looking at a house for sale here, any thoughts on the estate as a whole? Anyone living there who has had any issues?

Is it mainly owner occupied?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

aislingq wrote: »
    Hi

We have been looking at a house for sale here, any thoughts on the estate as a whole? Anyone living there who has had any issues?

Is it mainly owner occupied?

Don't know that particular estate but I'd suggest if you are thinking of buying a property there ring the local Garda station and ask them what the area is like and they'll be able to tell you how quiet or otherwise it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

We just bought there - only moved in a couple of weeks ago, but we rented in the estate for a couple of years, and we really love it. Like with any estate, there are good sides and bad sides.

Being as objective as possible, here some points you may find useful

Upsides
    1)Houses are spacious
    2)Rooms are well proportioned
    3)Lots of families in the estate
    4)Common areas are kept well
    5)Quiet estate - never had, or heard of any trouble

Downside
    1)Estate is unfinished
    2)It's a (relatively) long walk down into Maynooth/train station etc
    3)Some houses have had problems with the floors (builders have gutted 3 houses in the last couple of weeks to redo the floors)
    4)Some houses have had issues with the pipes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Until the estate is finally finished and gets its second entrance, you will have to drive EVERYWHERE - even the small local shop is effectively unwalkable.

The new secondary school is likely to be going beside the estate, whether that affects your decision or not is up to you.

MYOB wrote: »
    , you will have to drive EVERYWHERE - even the small local shop is effectively unwalkable.
    Oh come on. For someone with no legs, maybe. It takes 15 minutes at the most to walk to the small local shop. Hardly unwalkable. I lived in Castleknock before - it took me 15 minutes to walk to my local Spar there. Would that be any different? Also, it depends on how active or not you are. My wife walks into Maynooth almost every day with our 5 week old child. Granted, it takes 40 minutes, but it's a lot cheaper, and a lot healthier than a second car. Anyway, each to their own.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh come on. For someone with no legs, maybe. It takes 15 minutes at the most to walk to the small local shop. Hardly unwalkable. I lived in Castleknock before - it took me 15 minutes to walk to my local Spar there. Would that be any different? Also, it depends on how active or not you are. My wife walks into Maynooth almost every day with our 5 week old child. Granted, it takes 40 minutes, but it's a lot cheaper, and a lot healthier than a second car. Anyway, each to their own.....

If you're buying more than a packet of biscuits and a carton of milk, 15mins is a long walk to a shop.

I would imagine the bus services will eventually be extended out there as was planned, particularly as the school will be up to an hours walk from some parts of the town when moved out that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Thinking about having a look at the houses in Moyglare Hall and have a few questions.

Does anyone know which house types are being sold now and whereabouts in the estate they are situated? We'd be interested in the five bed semi or detached only.

How big are the gardens in this estate? We were originally looking at the semis in castlepark but were put off due to the tiny gardens. Would hope that moyglare hall wouldn't be the same

Are these houses already built or being sold from plans? If from plans how long from when the contracts were singed do they take to build?

Is there anymore news on the walkway or the timeframe for finishing this estate? We would ideally like a house near the back of the estate but how long would we be waiting until we could walk to the village from that end rather than all the way to the entrance and back down the moyglare road?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Jammie01 wrote: »
    Thinking about having a look at the houses in Moyglare Hall and have a few questions.

Does anyone know which house types are being sold now and whereabouts in the estate they are situated? We'd be interested in the five bed semi or detached only.

How big are the gardens in this estate? We were originally looking at the semis in castlepark but were put off due to the tiny gardens. Would hope that moyglare hall wouldn't be the same

Are these houses already built or being sold from plans? If from plans how long from when the contracts were singed do they take to build?

Is there anymore news on the walkway or the timeframe for finishing this estate? We would ideally like a house near the back of the estate but how long would we be waiting until we could walk to the village from that end rather than all the way to the entrance and back down the moyglare road?

Thanks

google maps (street view) might be able to show you the garden sizes.

might sound silly but if you are interested in buying why not goto the area and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Thanks corkbah, have been up in the estate for a drive around but it's hard to know what house types are for sale now and where in the estate they'll be. I just wondered if anyone had heard anything from the builders or Coonans. Good idea about google street view, will try that now!

Oh and does anyone know which builders/developers are doing the next phase?

5 bedroomed houses are still for sale - there are probably about 10 or 11 detached ones unsold, although I did see 3 with sold signs on them yesterday. All the shells are built and they are finishing the insides off as they sell them. There are new 3 bed semis being built at the back of the estate, although I guess you are not interested in them. Mycete are building the homes.

In general the gardens are an ok size - I think they are bigger than the ones in Castlepark but probably not by much.

I can highly recommend the estate as a nice place to live. We rented here for a couple of years and then bought. Very happy living here

Actually,might be less than 10 of the 5 beds left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

Actually,might be less than 10 of the 5 beds left

Yea you're right, I was onto Coonans and they said there are seven five beds left. Went up for a look at the ones that were left but they seem really run down, how long have they been sitting there built and unoccupied? I'm guessing they wouldn't come with the new solar panels or woodburning stoves either, was a bit put off.

Would love if new five beds were being built soon in the new phase instead

Sasha144 wrote: »
    Yea you're right, I was onto Coonans and they said there are seven five beds left. Went up for a look at the ones that were left but they seem really run down, how long have they been sitting there built and unoccupied? I'm guessing they wouldn't come with the new solar panels or woodburning stoves either, was a bit put off.

Would love if new five beds were being built soon in the new phase instead

They have been sitting there a couple of years at this point - probably more than that. Don't know if there are plans for any 5 beds in the new phase, although ones they have just started building in the last week or so look like they may be - don't quote me on that though, I am basing that on a look out of the window rather than going round for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Argo123

Anyone buy in moyglare? Where do the kitchens come from?can u pick your own? What's the estate like to live in? Can u get ntl out there? Any other advice on the estate? Is Castlepark a much better estate?

Advertisement