Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Management Masters

Options
  • 05-03-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

How, Im currently thinking of doing a Business Management Masters in UL this September.

just wondering, have any of ye done this Masters and what is it like?
    is there much job opportunities from doing it and is there much workload?
    how many would there be in a class?

regards,
    Dougal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RDJMPC

Hey,

I completed the MA a few years ago after doing a science degree. I really enjoyed it and found it to be extremely beneficial. The reason I did it was to broaden my mind and get a commerical edge on my side.

The workload is heavy but it is a masters. I had approx 12- 16 hours a week with assignments in all modules. I didn't find it overly difficult, just a heavy workload. As the course has so many students from so many backgrounds, certain modules will appeal to certain types of students (i.e. economics the engineers found easier compared to the humanities etc..).

I had approx 30 in my class for the year and we've all gotten jobs from it.

if you are on LinkedIn the course coordinator has a profile on it. Search Elaine Berkery and on it has details of the course, previous students and details.

best of luck with it :)

Advertisement