Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Attempt Ever..

Options
  • 05-03-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Never read this forum. Ever.

I have been feeling really crap lately. Aches and pains. Getting headaches, dizziness and just generally feeling like crap ( Depression ? ).

If possible I'd stay in bed for as long as I can. Then I'd get up, and start smoking ( no food ) away.. I'd only eat really when I began to feel sick. I have started to lose weight over the last few months, losing over a stone..

Anyway. I have been a heavy drinker for the last few years ( drinking on average of 4 beers a night, if not more ) and with that I have puffed and puffed all night, every night. I attribute the way I'm feeling lately to the fags and booze. I really need to change..

The way I have been behaving over the last while has alienated everyone I hold dear to me, and today I am attempting to start to change that.

I have never given any thought to "kicking the habit", of both the booze and the smokes, I have been really very selfish and always put my comforts first, before the necessary of family / friends etc..

IT'S TIME TO CHANGE..

I have my Nicorettes and plenty of water at hand and already I feel light headed ? I normal have at least 5 fags done by this time.. :(

Anyway. Just thought I'd posted about my first ( and hopefully only ) attempt to kick these nasty habits.

I have a feeling I'm going to feel even worse over the next few days so hopefully I can check back in here and let you know how I'm getting on. :)

Wishing myself luck.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Good luck!

I am now on day 35, I think. Actually, I'm not sure! :D

I found the first three days the worst and after that it's just a case of changing your routine. I have been really stressed lately and I didnt have any desire to smoke so I like to think that I am officially a non-smoker but afraid to get too cocky about it.

If I can stop smoking - anyone in the world can. I really thought I was a smoker for life.

If you are finding it very difficult - read through some of the threads, I sat at the computer for 3 days just reading to keep me movitated. Whyquit.com is also very good at reminding you of the reasons you want to stop.

Good luck again and hopefully you'll be back on telling us how you hate those cancer sticks and how happy you are to be free of the filthy things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Day 2 and I'm doing surprisingly well.

I didn't drink last night, instead went for a long walk and was shattered by the time I got home, I was only fit for bed.

I'm about to have my first coffee of the day, so I reckon that will be my first big morning challenge.

I feel fresh, head seems clear, and typing here seems to calm the need to want to smoke. Lets hope it stays that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Saganist wrote: »
    Day 2 and I'm doing surprisingly well.

I didn't drink last night, instead went for a long walk and was shattered by the time I got home, I was only fit for bed.

I'm about to have my first coffee of the day, so I reckon that will be my first big morning challenge.

I feel fresh, head seems clear, and typing here seems to calm the need to want to smoke. Lets hope it stays that way :)

Fairplay keep at it :) it will get easier just keep reminding yourself how **** they made you feel and instead of inhaling dirty toxins stick your head out the window and inhale some fresh clean irish air that costs u 9.10 less the a pack of fags...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Be warned, the same amount of coffee with have double the effect on you than when you were a smoker. When I quit with Allen carr (obviously went back on them:o) I drank my usual large extra strong americano in work and had a pounding headache. I thought it was the nicotine withdrawal but after a couple of days I realised it was only after my 10am break so when I googled I found a lot of articles saying the same.

Advertisement