Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit attempt (for the millionth time!) & Niquitin Minis

Options
  • 05-03-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

So I bought these fr my next attempt to quit! I have failed many a time, cold turkey, Allen Carr, patches...
    I know people say NRT doesn't work etc, but cold turkey doesn't work for me at all- I turn into a raving lunatic and within the first day I buy cigs and I no longer care that I have caved already, since the addiction is so strong.

So I am hoping to cut down first by gradually replacing cigarettes with these.
    I think a big part of my problem (and most people's probably!) is the psychological aspect - I can go somewhere new and not smoke for hours, but in my day to day life I seem to have set times to smoke at work, and the number of times are increasing.

I am hoping to cut down continually so eventually I'll only have a few a day habit to kick at the end. Any advice for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 laura2011

Same boat as yourself :( tomorrow is my quit day, i really have to give up now but my problem is also being in the same places everyday, college, work etc..... ive given up before but fail after 5 or 6 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Well, that's why I'm not going cold turkey. I know a lot of people say NRT doesn't work, and cutting down doesn't work, but I may as well give it a shot as cold turkey etc has not worked for me.

I am hoping to get down to a manageable number and then go off them altogether. I'm feeling pretty good - I have had a couple today but not nearly as many as I would have by now. The minis are helping me manage, so if I can get rid of the psychological triggers first I might be successful. I used to go mad, quitting cold turkey then run to shop and smoke loads and feel ill. I'm feeling a bit more positive about it this way as I have a cigarette in my bad I can smoke if I really need to.

i used the full size losengers before, the 2mg ones were ok but if i went up any higher i had severe heartburn after a day or two of using them....be prepared!

Thanks, so far I feel ok. What are you doing - giving up totally tomorrow?

That is the plan anyway, i have losengers at home but im going to try with nothing and have them as a back up in case i go a bit demented( i do that when i try and quit), my dentist gives out to me a lot and says if i dont stop soon ill regret it. My teeth are in ok to good condition but he says he can see markers for future problems if i dont cop on soon :(

• Advertisement

Good luck today!

Thanking you, so far so good, but its early yet

Advertisement