Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dripping door frame

Options
  • 04-03-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

We moved into a 3 bedroom semi in Rathfarnham 14 years ago, its close to loreto Abbey. When I walk from room to room I can see.drips of water coming from the top of the door frame and duck . There is no water and its bone dry. It never happens to anyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ulick-magee

alie wrote: »
    We moved into a 3 bedroom semi in Rathfarnham 14 years ago, its close to loreto Abbey. When I walk from room to room I can see.drips of water coming from the top of the door frame and duck . There is no water and its bone dry. It never happens to anyone else.
    Is the door frame downstairs with the bathroom above that room if so then u have a leak upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

Is it one door frame in particular?

When you say it's bone dry, are you referring to the door frame?

Can you see water on the floor underneath the door frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

It happens on all the doors, no leaks. Wood is dry and no drops on the floor, I do know the house was built on a prayer walk.with a series of ponds. I'm very open minded about the after life etc.

It happens on all the doors, no leaks. Wood is dry and no drops on the floor, I do know the house was built on a prayer walk.with a series of ponds. I'm very open minded about the after life etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

So you see drips of water, but there are no actual drips? Your description is a bit confusing.

If there is no actual water then the most likely explanation is some sort of optical illusion considering the top of the door frame will be in your peripheral vision, especially seeing as you feel the need to duck it is likely you are almost right underneath the door frame when you actually see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

Does this only occur in daylight hours or at night time or both?

Difficult to say what's causing it without seeing it in person.

If it's daylight hours only, you're possibly seeing some kind of reflection.

If it's night time hours only, check out things such as lamp/light shades to see if they are casting some kind of light effect or light leakage that's only visible from certain vantage points. Headlights from vehicles sometimes create patterns or shadows that some people perceive to be paranormal happenings, but can be explained once different situations have been tested out.

If you still can't find any obvious explanation, keep a log of dates and times when you observe it, and see if any pattern arises.

If you have a camcorder, use it and see if it picks up what you are observing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Are the door frames varnished? It could be reflection of the light off them. Are they painted? If not, I'd suggest sanding them down and re-finishing them.

It happens day and night, upstairs too, doors have been repainted recently. I'm not worried, just want to know if anyone ever came across thus before

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It does sound like an optical illusion. Do you wear glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

photos?

• Advertisement

Yes I do wear glasses but my son does not and he sees it too,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

interesting your mind seems to be playing tricks on you at more than 1 level, as you were the only one to see this happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

blistering-paint-exterior-closeup-200x267.jpg

You know the way air bubbles sometimes get trapped under a fresh coat of paint, especially around door frames? Could that be it? This can be seen from certain angles or lighting perspectives. This is an exterior shot of blistering - but I have seen it on door frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

But you said no-one else could see them?

Never thought to actually ask my older son, afraid he think I nuts, he saw me ducking and said o it happens to.me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JoseeJo

I've been seeing drips of water inside doorframes for years & years. I know I'm not hallucinating, but I also know it's not really there as the area is dry & there isn't actually any water there.....I've not mentioned it before to anyone as it's a weird thing to see!!!!!
    Last night I over heard a conversation that seeing water is very spiritual!
    Would love to know more that's why I've googled it today....looking for answers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Speakaboo

A google search brought me here. I see them too! A dripping from the corner of doorframes (always interior doors, which I would think would minimize the odds of it being condensation?) I remember as a child thinking it had something to do with the sand-man, but can't remember why I would think that. I still see it from the same door frame when I go to visit my parents in my childhood home. At my own house, I see it in my bedroom door frame. Only the one door frame. It's super weird and I've never thought much of it. Just assumed it was a trick of the eye.

I hit google today because I just got off the phone with my daughter, who has had a weird week of experiencing supernatural...stuff (long story, she thinks we have ghosts.) She was discussing it with a friend at school, and her friend told her that she sees this weird dripping from doorframes thing, and that her parents don't believe her and think she's making it up. As she described it to me, I gasped out loud. It's exactly what I see!! What IS this??!! Are we just crazy????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davemurr

I went searching Google for this too and its amazing that you see it too. I've noticed it on my bedroom door since I was a child and it's completely dry whenever I've checked. I have very good eyesight too and don't wear glasses and it's always on that one doorframe. But I did see it on another doorframe recently which reminded me of this whole thing. I'd love to know what it's about. From the way my door is I can't see why there would be that effect because it happens even when the light is off in my room and I'm approaching the door. I have wondered is it a supernatural thing but I've never seen anything else in this house or experienced anything supernatural like that in general. But it is interesting that it's just that specific door, always on the left side too. Tbh I can't remember where I saw the other drip which I really should have taken note of that place but in any case it makes me wonder what is going on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

It sounds like you may be experiencing a phenomenon known as a "ghost drip." This is a common occurrence in older homes, particularly those with wooden frames around the doors and windows. When the temperature and humidity levels fluctuate, the wood can expand and contract, causing small amounts of water that have accumulated in the wood to be released. This can create the appearance of a drip, even when there is no actual water present.

It's possible that the location of your home, near Loreto Abbey, may have some historical significance that could contribute to paranormal activity. However, without more information or evidence, it's difficult to say for certain.

If the phenomenon is causing you concern or discomfort, you may want to consider consulting with a paranormal investigator or a contractor to assess the condition of your home's structure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement