Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise complaints.

Options
  • 04-03-2012 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hello guys. just want to see can i get some advice in relation to a problem my friends are having with their neighbor. My friends live in an apartment block in Elwood they are in their late 20s, a couple and a girl. So over the last few weeks they have gotten 2 official complaints from the real estate agent in relation to excessive noise. The first complaint was because of a tea party which was hosted from 11am-2pm on a sunday morning there was no alcohol or music at this event just 10-12 people having tea and chatting about work etc then everyone headed to the beach. the second complaint arrived on friday due to an incident on tuesday night. the two girls and i were sitting on the back porch having a ciggie and chatting at 11.30 their neighour came out and told us to keep it down as they were trying to sleep. We went inside and didnt smoke again. no music no alcohol just sat in the kitchen and chatted till i got a cab home at 1 am. the neighbors who complain are in their late 20's so i cant see their reasoning for complaining they live in an apartment block on the fringe of st.kilda not exactly the quietest neighborhood.

so does anyone have any suggestions on what my friends can do? its a real funny situation as normally reading something like this on here i would be thinking there must be something more to this than those two incidents but there hasn't been anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Tell the real estate agent the complaints are bogus Thats all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Zambia wrote: »
    Tell the real estate agent the complaints are bogus Thats all you can do.

yeah i was telling them to do this but its one word against the other. i suggested that they should get in touch with the local council and ask for the environmental health officer and see what the noise restrictions are in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

danotroy wrote: »
    yeah i was telling them to do this but its one word against the other..

This is in your favour when someone is complaining about you I would have said. They need to provide the definitive proof. I would refuse to accept official warnings when they are based on seemingly petty complaints.

Advertisement