Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bed size

Options
  • 03-03-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

We moved to a new place recently, I assumed the bed was a kingsize (5ft) but my sheets are a tad small really have to stretch them over the corners, on measuring it we discovered its roughly 5'2, does anyone know what size bed this is? is it a queen? is our only option to buy 6ft sheets and duvets? I heard that Ikea beds are an unusual size, cant see any label to identify it as an ikea bed, anyone know if they do duvets for 5'2 beds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You're correct, IKEA size is 160cm x 200cm (5'3" x 6'6") though it may not actually be an IKEA bed.
    IKEA duvets and linen comes in appropriate sizes so you'll find something to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

thanks, not sure if it is 6'6 in length though, will have to get measure tape out again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jjck

Queen size beds are normally 4ft6in, King 5ft and SuperKing 6ft. I would recommend getting a 6ft duvet, in my experience duvets always look better when slightly bigger rather than too small. For the sheets you could go for a 6ft non-fitted sheet, hth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ikea comes up alot here on this forum.

For a very good obvious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robertlewis

Even I have an Ikea bed with a 200x160 mattress but it seems hard to find
    sheets and duvet covers this size, except at Ikea ,high quality cotton very soft and their products are more practical than the rest...!

• Advertisement
Advertisement