Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mars

Options
  • 03-03-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

The martians are coming close. I want to try and grab an image - weather
    gods permitting of course. A few questions if anyone has advice.

How long would it take for my 11inch scope to cool down ? I keep getting
    terrible planetary captures through it compared with the 4inch one, I assume this is due
    to the lack of cooling. Its not a modern carbon fiber type, its one of the older
    nextstar 11gps's.

Magnification - How much ? Original, 2x barlow, stacked 2x2x barlows ?

Number of captures. Using neximage. How many minutes is optimal and does anyone know what resolution is best ? Ive tried using the RAW hack on my
    neximage but keeps giving me errors.
    Would a cannon 350d in movie mode be better for imaging ?

Since my house is in the way it looks like ill have to image mars around 2am. Will the affect the quality of the image I get ? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ThatDrGuy

Ah well. Got all set up. Dew was so bad by imaging time that I couldnt even focus on the moon! My hair dryer failed miserably. For what its worth:

Mars

11w3bkx.jpg

Venus

2agnqzm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Venus and Jupiter hung brightly over Cork city center last night. It was quite a sight for anyone with a curious bent.

Advertisement