Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish living in Italy

Options
  • 03-03-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Any Irish living in Italy? What do you think about living there?
    Not sure if there is many Irish living here(I'm in Italy) or if any of them are on Boards.ie! Would like another Irishman/woman's perspective

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

I have been living here about 2 and a half years and though not without its' challenges, in general I am much happier living here than I was in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

If you're living in or anywhere Rome, there's the Irish Club of Rome
    http://irishclubofrome.com/ and there's a website and forum for Italians interested in Ireland where you can also find some Irish participants.
    http://www.irlandando.it/

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

I'm moving to Bergamo in the next few weeks. Any advice on the big move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is the work situation bad there? Worked there 10 years ago, and over and back for a few years after that with an Italian company. Would consider returning again to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Zio wrote: »
    Any Irish living in Italy? What do you think about living there?
    Not sure if there is many Irish living here(I'm in Italy) or if any of them are on Boards.ie! Would like another Irishman/woman's perspective

Hi I came back 1 year ago after college in Italy. Yes I have plenty to say lol.

I found an overly strong interest in not just fashion but everything visual - if it's not gorgeous, it doesn't exist. I actually found people observed my shoes before my face. On sensitive days, I disliked that materialism. However, one thing that made me fall in love with the place is the wonderful sense of history and tradition. I never felt it over-bearing. Everywhere I went there was something to be explored. Also, the realxed approach to everything (I wasn't in the busiest cities for the most part) was wonderful. It was so philosophical; does it matter, is it really that important, if not let it wait! Sit, relax, eat! How wonderful! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement