Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock N' Roll Allstars.

Options
  • 03-03-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

Not sure what to make of this. Matt Sorum has put together a bunch of well known musicians headed up by Gene Simmons for an 'allstar' tour through Central and South America. First impression is $$$$$$ but could be interesting.
    Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)
    * Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD)
    * Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
    * Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
    * Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA)
    * Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH)
    * Ed Roland (COLLECTIVE SOUL)
    * Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)
    * Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL)
    * Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS)
    * Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170524

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Rock n Roll Allstars, Metal Masters.. gilby clarke's post g n' r group I noticed therein 'Rock Star Supernova' suggests a few egos in ze business. Maybe they get bored at home, lonely and want to be not just amongst people but in front of people? 24/7

Metal Masters however is a clinic. I see.. nothing clinical about it if I want advice from Kerry king it'll be how not to take my eye out with one of them spikey armbands. Am sure it serves a purpose however, this clinic but R n R allstars seems a naive venture. how many egos can you cram on one stage for their slightly less than usual routine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

how can this work withoput being a big long jam?

Some great individuals there but some serious juxtapositions too.

we await footage with interest!

Joe please go back to leppard and sit down and watch the early years live and hopefully regain the enthusiasm and joy for music that made ye a great great live band in the past.

Sebastian...ROCK ON MUTHAFCUKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It says allstars. the name ed roland does not exactly spring to mind.. or am I jnot with it for not having a clue who Collective Soul is. Motown allstars?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Sebastian Bach,WTF??!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

IMO so called 'Supergroups' never work, they're just a platform for big headed arseholes to show off from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

lord lucan wrote: »
    Sebastian Bach,WTF??!!:eek:

oh no...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Reminds me of this album - they got Peter Wichers to write songs for a load of the singers from Nuclear Blast bands to perform on. Works really well :)

Advertisement