Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Record shops Dublin area?

• 03-03-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any vinyl record shops around the Dublin area? I'm sick of being screwed over by post and packaging on Amazon. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

From Cork, go up there a lot though, good record shopping:

Tower Records - main store in town, Wicklow St, really good selection of new and old stuff, CDs too

Secret book and record store - Wicklow St, just around the corner from Tower, highly recommend it, found my best finds there, wish i had found it sooner!

Spindizzy Records - Market Arcade on south great george street

also in Temple Bar there is a tiny stall of records, formerly the now closed Borderline Records. Only a small bit left but some cool stuff there.

I'll post again if i can remember any more, hope this helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Hey, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm pretty sure i've been in the secret record place before, is that the one on Wicklow st with the barber? Cos i've only ever been to the barber, and I never remember seeing a record shop! Is it above the barber, in the basement, where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

Celtic note - in Nassau Street.

Finneen wrote: »
    Celtic note - in Nassau Street.

Completely forgot about that, great stuff in there

Hey, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm pretty sure i've been in the secret record place before, is that the one on Wicklow st with the barber? Cos i've only ever been to the barber, and I never remember seeing a record shop! Is it above the barber, in the basement, where?

Don't remember anything about any barber, only been in the place once but i'm pretty sure it's up a long, narrow flight of stairs, if that is any help to you. oh, and on wicklow street just near Tower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Tower have a pretty good selection, although they can be expensive at times.

Theres a couple of places in the Georges Street Market as well.

If you're fed up with amazon try www.jpc.de or www.cdandlp.com for online options. Also worth checking the artists own websites as they tend to sell vinyl cheaper than shops, e.g. Field Music sell their records for about a tenner stirling.

bleach94 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure it's up a long, narrow flight of stairs

Ah yes I know the place now cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Borderline closed in Temple bar recently. that was a great spot. Road records is badly missed also.
    the two in georges st arcade are great as is the secret book and record store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Its 2 doors down from Tower Records it has a book shop not Barber!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Check out The Rage on Fade Street,where Road Records used to be. They sell Records and retro games. Also there is a pop up record fair tomorrow in Sweeneys on Dame street from 11-6.

Check out their facebook http://www.facebook.com/irishrecordfairs

• Advertisement

Ah yes I know the place now cheers

i admit it wasn't perhaps specific enough

bleach94 wrote: »
    i admit it wasn't perhaps specific enough

There was no sarcasm intended! I know where it is now thats all!

Its 2 doors down from Tower Records it has a book shop not Barber!

Would this be it? WITH A BARBER???

There was no sarcasm intended! I know where it is now thats all!

ah right, sorry. hope you find it ok now. they have some great stuff in there. Guy at the counter (northern irish fellow last time i was there which was when i was up for Noel Gallagher at the O2 last month) was a sound man, willing to talk and help out with any inquiries, very knowledgable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Would this be it? WITH A BARBER???

Thats odd, maybe it moved, last time was there was 3 months ago.

Advertisement