Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it the norm to Tip the Tatooist when they have completed the piece ( If you happy with it )
    Getting my 1st piece done and just wondering do i tip , im only getting a name tatooed ( cost around 80e )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gadgetman25

Just wondering is it the norm to Tip the Tatooist when they have completed the piece ( If you happy with it )
    Getting my 1st piece done and just wondering do i tip , im only getting a name tatooed ( cost around 80e )

Eh it really depends on how the session goes. Normally for a big piece I would give a small tip at the end of the session or at the last session. Everybody is different. For a small piece like that I myself wouldn't tip but I don't know some people would! Depends on how your session goes! Never hurts I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZombieMamma

I have never tipped and I've had quite a bit done..

How much did u tip?

I have never tipped and I've had quite a bit done..

How much did u tip?

It wouldn't be much, €10 the most and wouldn't be all the time.

Ah I feel guilty now! haha
    Total cheapskate :eek:

Ah I feel guilty now! haha
    Total cheapskate :eek:

Hahaha! I don't really tip anymore! (don't have the money to!!!) (",)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I tend to tip too much, but I'm happy with all my tattoos so I don't mind giving a bit extra!

Yea yea moneybags! haha

Anyone else I should start tipping? :p

Yea yea moneybags! haha

Anyone else I should start tipping? :p

Hahaha! Jesus moneybags! I wish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

It depends, I have tipped some but not others, if they work in a studio as opposed to owning it then I'd be more inclined to tip as a huge chunk of what they earn from the tattoo goes back to the shop, so it's nice to give them something for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

on big pieces if im happy with it, id give a tip

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

jebus!

this just shows how Americanised we've become

imo - tattoos cost so much, afaik all or most of that money goes to the artist, why then give them more money??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Syllabus wrote: »
    imo - tattoos cost so much, afaik all or most of that money goes to the artist, why then give them more money??

Typically (AFAIK) around 50% of what you're paying goes to the artist.

To my mind, if I believe the artist deserves it, and if I can afford it, I'll tip.
    I've never been too flush after getting a tattoo done unfortunately, so haven't done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I normally don't tip, it just never crossed my mind tbh. But i think I will be tipping for my latest piece as it's taken 3 sessions and I paid upfront for it so I haven't actually given him any money for it in months!

In saying that, I'll be giving him a tenner and telling him to buy himself a pint! I'm a student, I can barely afford tattoo's as it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Typically (AFAIK) around 50% of what you're paying goes to the artist.

To my mind, if I believe the artist deserves it, and if I can afford it, I'll tip.
    I've never been too flush after getting a tattoo done unfortunately, so haven't done so far.

well considering that an hourly rate of 100€ per hr is not unheard of from tattooist, even if they only got 50% thats a farily decent hourly rate imo

if my take away delivery driver earned 50€ per hr i wouldn't tip him either

Advertisement