Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine fabric softener resevior full of water

Options
  • 02-03-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Any time I use the washing machine lately the fabric softener resevoir finishes up full of water, to the max level.

It's not draining, and you can't put in fabric softener into it unless you soak up the water. It seems to be taking in the fabric softener during the cycle when I use it.

So I stopped using it out of convenience, but today, a couple of washes came out not feeling fresh, in fact they felt unwashed - very damp smelling.

Is there anything I can do to get it back to normal?

Comments

Usually this is caused by the drain pipe within the dispenser getting blocked, if it is anything like the one on my machine, it will have two parts.

If you carefully lift off the top part you will see a hole that the conditioner is sucked through into the machine. just give this a good clean in a mild detergent and re assemble and it should be fine, it may also be possible to clean without taking apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm able to lift off the "max" level lid, and can see the drain for the fabric softener, but there seems to be no blockage though.

But weirdly I don't know why it's taking fabric softener, but not water, I wonder because it's more dense?

That would indicate a blockage somewhere though.

Advertisement