Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice for Female Doctor in Ennis?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for female doctor for my wife`s pregnancy! We are new to town.

One of my work mate said that NOT to go "Ennis Family Medical Centre" as they are not taking new patients.

i wouldnt go for gp. I am looking for experienced doctor
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

buzz_E wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking for female doctor for my wife`s pregnancy! We are new to town.

One of my work mate said that NOT to go "Ennis Family Medical Centre" as they are not taking new patients.

i wouldnt go for gp. I am looking for experienced doctor
    thanks in advance.

Why does the doctor have to be female?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Your wife should ask the women in your area who have babies. They are her best source of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

Palmach wrote: »
    Why does the doctor have to be female?

Every women prefers to seen by a female. To tell their problem comfortably. Female doctor could had pregnant, so they understand each other`s feeling very well.

Balagan wrote: »
    Your wife should ask the women in your area who have babies. They are her best source of information.

We are new to town, but will keep in the mind,

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Every women prefers to seen by a female. To tell their problem comfortably. Female doctor could had pregnant, so they understand each other`s feeling very well.

The vast majority of women in Ireland prefer to be seen by a doctor they know or the best doctor they can get, irrespective of the doctor's gender. It certainly isn't true to say 'that every woman prefers to be seen by a female.' You may be basing your views on your culture and/or religion and that is certainly your right, or to be more correct, your wife's right, if she so wishes.

• Advertisement

Balagan wrote: »
    your wife is entitled to make that choice for herself, of course.

thanks for your concern, so she has the right to choice of doctor. Also I respect all religion and culture for their choice !
    thanks again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Maybe it's a cultural / religious thing with OP and / or his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OP - There is a GP called Dr. Edel Twomey in Ennis, she is based out in the Westgate Business Park on the Kilrush Road.

I'd ring Ennis Family Medical Centre just to double check that they have in fact closed their books to new patients. I've attended Dr. Maire Finn in the past and I thought she was an excellent doctor, so is her former colleague, Dr. Dermot Boyle who has opened a surgery in the Gort Road Shopping Centre.

Thank you for your related reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Another suggestion is Dr. Denise Crowley at the Fergus Medical Centre:

2 St Anthony's Terrace, Ennis, Co. Clare Tel: 065 6842166

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Another

Dr Marie Quigney, Carmody Street 065-6829719

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

i agree. im a woman and prefer going to a female dr, especially during pregnancy.. dr.finns great but in my experience shes rarely there/booked up..i've heard dr. twomey on the kilrush rd is great too. good luck with baby

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'd ring Ennis Family Medical Centre just to double check that they have in fact closed their books to new patients. I've attended Dr. Maire Finn in the past and I thought she was an excellent doctor,

She is my gp and is brilliant, she has 2 children herself and was very sympathetic and understanding with me on all my pregnancies and also on the pregnancy I had after 2 miscarriages.

Good luck and congrats on the impending arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

+1 for Dr. Finn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭IrishMumOf1

Parnell Medical Centre Dr Eimear Kelly - Brilliant practice and has a nurse - lovely staff and friendly and professional

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

You really shouldn't talk for all women. I have to agree with the poster who said a woman would be comfortable with someone who knows what they're doing. If it's a matter of culture then of course that's different but no not all women prefer to be seen by a woman.

However. Dr Paddy Bugler in Ard Na Greine off the Clonroad employs a female nurse. His father and grandfather before him worked from the same location and are one of the oldest families in Ennis.

Advertisement