Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WordPress ?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

Im having trouble setting up wordpress account, using databases and SQL im not use to, can you use a wordpress account localy and then upload it to a server or do you have to have a hosting name first? can you use somthing like xampp.

Can ye tell me the easiest way to set up a workPress site .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,408 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Are you setting up a WordPress self hosted install? Or a WordPress.com account? If the latter, you'll need to get help on their site.

If the former, you can setup WordPress quite easily on any of the XAMP stacks - in fact many of them even come with a one-click install for common CMS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Healy Boy

i want to set up a site, on the wordpress site, it says you need a database and sql i have xammp downloaded, where would i go from their? i downloaded the zip file for wordpress???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 mhkdeveloper

Please look at this url may be this is useful to you move wordpress local to server.

http://www.justwebdevelopment.com/blog/move-a-wordpress-from-one-domain-to-another/

Advertisement