Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Mould from Render

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone have any idea on the best way or product to remove mould spots from external render on a house?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,876 ✭✭✭✭muffler

"white" or clear vinegar works wonders on mould. Use a 1:10 mix in warm water and wipe the wall with a cloth or sponge

May have to be repeated over several days.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Thanks,

I was hoping for maybe a more long term solution that I would spray on or something....

Any idea if hypochloride would be bad for the render??

Mike.

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Thanks,

I was hoping for maybe a more long term solution that I would spray on or something....

Any idea if hypochloride would be bad for the render??

Mike.
    I honestly dont know if there would be any chemical reaction when using sodium hypochlorite on render.

But just like the vinegar there is no gauarantee that you wont have to re-do in the future.

True...

The hypochloride works very well on the granite cills and steps, and on foothpaths so I was hoping to get some clarification on it.

Thanks anyway.

Mike.

Some of the regulars on the DIY forum might know more about this. I can move this thread to there if you wish.

• Advertisement

That would be great thanks...

Moved to DIY

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

is this a self coloured render? or an EWI system? if so contact the plasterer and get the product details as the manufacturer may have options or offer and explanation or guarantee.. good luck

Advertisement