Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a Paramedic in Ireland?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey there,

I am just posting to ask anyone out there on the best method to becoming a paramedic in Ireland.
    I am a 22 year old male with a science degree completed in NUI Galway. After completing a Occupational First Aid course I wanted to look into a career as a paramedic, but the info online is very confusing!

I am wondering what is the best way to do it. Is it better to become an EMT first and get experience in that?
    I am in the process of getting my learner permit for the c1 and d1 licences, as I know that is a requirement for the 2 year paramedic (emergency medical sciences) undergraduate course in UCD. What is the best way to apply to this, and how often do they take applicants in? Is this the only training centre for paramedics in Ireland or are there other ones?

If I do get my licenses and get into the UCD course, does anyone know if I would be legible for a mature student grant if I am 23?
    Also, at the end of the day, is there many job availabilities at the end of it all?
    I'm sorry for so many questions, but it is very hard to find info and the info I do find is contradicting! I was on the PHECC website but I can't find any answers regarding applying for the paramedic course.

I hope that someone on here will be able to help me, cause it's a career I'd really love to follow!

Thanks now,
    Shane

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement