Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Garmin Bike Computer

Options
  • 01-03-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm after a Garmin 305 / 705 / 500 in good condition. Basically any Garmin unit with HRM and Cadence capability.

I've had a 305 for past 4/5 years but it has finally packed in. I have the HRM Strap and 1 x Cadence Sensor, would be interested in head unit only or head unit plus cadence sensor & mounts if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks,
    LCRC_BAX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I have an Edge 500 for sale,just bought an 800. Its in perfect working order, few small scratches around edge of casing (none on screen). Have original box etc, but would like to keep HR strap & Cadence sensor. can give you a bike mount or 2 as well. Make me an offer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

spyderski wrote: »
    I have an Edge 500 for sale,just bought an 800. Its in perfect working order, few small scratches around edge of casing (none on screen). Have original box etc, but would like to keep HR strap & Cadence sensor. can give you a bike mount or 2 as well. Make me an offer?

If OP isn't interested I'd like to make an offer.

Don't know what the rules are on this, but to be fair, give the OP till 5pm today to reply, otherwise make me an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Hi Spyderski,

Sorry just seeing your post now, sounds excellent - I'm very interested. for fear of insulting you let me know how much you want for the Edge 500 plus 2 mounts and I'll let you know if I'll take it straight away! Bear in mind I can get a new one for €200.

Cheers,

Bax

LCRC_BAX wrote: »

Hi Spyderski,

Sorry just seeing your post now, sounds excellent - I'm very interested. for fear of insulting you let me know how much you want for the Edge 500 plus 2 mounts and I'll let you know if I'll take it straight away! Bear in mind I can get a new one for €200.

Cheers,

Bax

Hi, yeah saw they're available cheap now. I'd need to get €125 for it, otherwise I'll hang onto it.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi, yeah saw they're available cheap now. I'd need to get €125 for it, otherwise I'll hang onto it.

Thanks!

Call it €120 and it's a deal!

BAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Apologies if I'm hijacking your thread OP but I've checked the rules and I THINK I'm in order-offer asking Spyderski as long as long as you throw in the bike mount "or 2" as stated. If the rules deem I'm out of order then fire away. No HRM no prob I have one

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Apologies if I'm hijacking your thread OP but I've checked the rules and I THINK I'm in order-offer asking Spyderski as long as long as you throw in the bike mount "or 2" as stated. If the rules deem I'm out of order then fire away. No HRM no prob I have one

Sorry dude but I would consider that hijacking! Spyderski offered to me for €125 and I made him an offer of €120, hoping for a €5 luck penny! I would have thought I should get the right of reply seeing as this is my wanted thread. Essentially the dealing is between me and Spyderski, if I had said I wasn't interested at all then I would have no issue with anyone placing an offer.

Regards,
    Bax

Asking price rules
    * Whoever offers the Asking price first gets first refusal.

The charter would appear not to agree with you

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Brayblue24's offer is in accordance with forum rules.

• Advertisement

Cheers Beasty, offer asking Spyderski-€125

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Cheers Beasty, offer asking Spyderski-€125

Very smug there, hope you're happy with yourself, good way to make friends.

So because I didn't spend an hour reading 'rules' you can come onto my 'wanted' thread and take over? Without seller even getting a chance to accept my offer or for me to offer asking - All for €5!!!

This is complete rubbish.

Spyderski - In the interest of us having the initial contact if you would like to accept my offer of €120 I'll buy you a pint to make up the difference.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Once spyerski put it up in this thread it became subject to normal selling rules. He has an unconditional offer at asking which he must now accept under forum rules

Beasty wrote: »
    Once spyerski put it up in this thread it became subject to normal selling rules. He has an unconditional offer at asking which he must now accept under forum rules

Hi Beasty,

This is a wanted thread which I instigated. I was in negotiations with Spyderski and made him an offer which he didn't get to respond to, nor did I get a chance to offer the asking.

Earlier in the thread Spyderski was very fair and gave me the opportunity to come back to him by 5pm (I was @ work until 7pm) after another poster said they were interested. Surely then this is against forum rules too?

There was clear communication between me and the seller, and we were close to completing the deal, how is it fair that someone else can just jump in when the seller hadn't come back to me??

This is completely unfair.

Also, why is Spyderski bound to accept Bray Blues offer? Surely it is a free world he can choose to accept my earlier offer if he is of the same opinion as me, ie; that this was between myself and himself until I signalled I wasn't interested.

Bax.

Unfortunately it's simply not possible to cater for every conceivable scenario in the rules, which are primarily designed for selling.

In a case like this all we can do is apply the rules in a similar way to how we would apply to a FS advert. If you had offered what spyderski was asking that would have been the end of the matter.

Once you offered less than asking then my take on the rules was that it opened it up for alternative offers, and once Brayblue24 offered asking unconditionally then, as he stated, the rules state the first one to offer asking gets first refusal

I would add that I would have taken a different view if Brayblue24 had made his offer before you had indicated whether you would agree to spyderski's price. I think it is only fair to allow the OP in a Wanted ad to have first opportunity for anything that comes up, but I don't think we can make any further concession to the OP in such circumstances - once you offered less than asking others were free to come in

It's clearly a difficult one, and ultimately I've had to make a judgement call

Beasty wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's simply not possible to cater for every conceivable scenario in the rules, which are primarily designed for selling.

In a case like this all we can do is apply the rules in a similar way to how we would apply to a FS advert. If you had offered what spyderski was asking that would have been the end of the matter.

Once you offered less than asking then my take on the rules was that it opened it up for alternative offers, and once Brayblue24 offered asking unconditionally then, as he stated, the rules state the first one to offer asking gets first refusal

I would add that I would have taken a different view if Brayblue24 had made his offer before you had indicated whether you would agree to spyderski's price. I think it is only fair to allow the OP in a Wanted ad to have first opportunity for anything that comes up, but I don't think we can make any further concession to the OP in such circumstances - once you offered less than asking others were free to come in

It's clearly a difficult one, and ultimately I've had to make a judgement call

Guys,

Wasn't that bothered about selling (item was not for sale anywhere else until OP expressed an interest) given the low price they're making these days - certainly didn't want to start aggro & a bidding war. In fairness to everyone (and in the interest of world peace!) I'll just hold onto it - If its not a problem within the rules (Beasty???).

Spyderski

Fair enough I don't really want to get involved either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

Everyone acted in good faith, but it's reasonable that first offer of the asking price gets an item. That's clear cut.

Guys,

Wasn't that bothered about selling (item was not for sale anywhere else until OP expressed an interest) given the low price they're making these days - certainly didn't want to start aggro & a bidding war. In fairness to everyone (and in the interest of world peace!) I'll just hold onto it - If its not a problem within the rules (Beasty???).

Spyderski

Hi Spyderski,

I'm sorry that this has worked out like this. I would still be interested and if you wish to sell I'm sure we can agree a price, but I will leave this completely up to you.

@Beasty,

I know you had to make a tough call, just would have been nice for it to fall in my favour, as I think it should have. But enough said, sorry for taking up your time.

@Bray Blue,

That's fair enough you don't want to get involved now, but you did last night and now I've probably missed a good opportunity. Just a bit annoyed by this but I'm not going to say any more.

For anyone else I am still after a Garmin so let me know if you have one for sale & for what price, and I will make an offer, albeit with my new-found forum knowledge in hand.

Cheers,

Bax.

Advertisement