Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KoRn Path of Totality Tour- Olympia, 1st April

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

If that's right, they're missing soooooo much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd wait and see what the full Euro setlist is like, i've heard though that it's gonna be more or less the same as the OP posted, First half new album, second half some greatest hits.

Crap setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

can't wait for Sunday this is gonna be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I was meant to see them the year they were meant to support Metallica in the RDS but then they had to pull out so this'll be my first time seeing them on Sunday.It's going to be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I really enjoyed the gig, but sadly the setlist just wasn't up to the same standard as their 2008 show in the Ambassador. Beginning with 4 obscure early tracks followed by a slew of brand new ones really threw off the crowd, and the greatest hits didn't include some of their best work (Right Now or Did My Time for example). They also failed to play a single song from Take A Look in the Mirror, See You on the Other Side, Untitled or Korn III which I found extremely disappointing. Finally the 10 or so minutes they spent on Another Brick in the Wall seemed completely unnecessary and could have been much better filled with original material.

All that said it was great craic and the crowd was nice and rowdy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Excellent crowd that were just dying for more old stuff.All the dubstep bolllixx played before the band came on was just bloody awful

You really think so? I was loving Downlink. I'd be a huge fan of dubstep and related genres as well as metal though, so it was just a pleasing coincidence for me that he was playing.

Still can't believe half the set was covers/first two albums... for some bands that'd make me a very happy camper but a total waste of stagetime at a Korn gig as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    You really think so? I was loving Downlink. I'd be a huge fan of dubstep and related genres as well as metal though, so it was just a pleasing coincidence for me that he was playing.

Still can't believe half the set was covers/first two albums... for some bands that'd make me a very happy camper but a total waste of stagetime at a Korn gig as far as I'm concerned.

not a big dubstep fan myself, but I'll give any sort of music a chance - to be honest I thought JD's own set was piss poor, just lazy and unimaginative, maybe if you are a dubstep fan it sounded different ?
    Downlink was ok, not my think, but I thought he was working hard enough up there and really got things going with the SOAD track......

agree with pretty much everything people are saying on the Korn set - odd setlist and didn't really work for me, the vibe changed completed when they played their bigger tracks......was also very surprised they had nothing off the last few albums, I actually really like the Untitled album and think if you are going to do stuff off your first two albums at least do the better songs ?

anyway, still an enjoyable night, some dickheads around but that's to be expected, I don't think I'd pay to see them again - unless it was a Greatest Hits set......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought it was a class show. Crowd where I was were fukn mental - really rowdy and getting into it, made a great atmosphere. Fair play to KoRn for not doing the same old best of that they always do. Was a really cool, different experience to be a dubstep gig. I wanted Path of Totality in it's entirity but they played my top 5 favourites off the album anyways :D

I didn't get the whole dubstep stuff. I couldn't get into it at all. But the SOAD track wasn't so awful.
    I wanted more of the old stuff too. I had a ticket for their gig in '06 but they pulled out. It was my first time last night and I was just losing it to the old stuff. I'd love a Greatest Hits set. I would just die on the spot.

And what the heck happened to Davis? He's like a bloody stick! He needs to eat a feckin' burger!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Chavez wrote: »

And what the heck happened to Davis? He's like a bloody stick! He needs to eat a feckin' burger!!

He had salmonella a while back.

Ouch

NIBBS wrote: »
    to be honest I thought JD's own set was piss poor, just lazy and unimaginative, maybe if you are a dubstep fan it sounded different ?
    [...]
    anyway, still an enjoyable night, some dickheads around but that's to be expected, I don't think I'd pay to see them again - unless it was a Greatest Hits set......

Oh lord no, JD's set was awful to anyone's ears. I admire him for giving it socks, but he's obviously pretty new to the whole producing thing and the tracks came across as very bland and aimless.
    As for the dickheads, I'd agree. Some fella was giving me stick for wearing ER20s, but I'm not struggling to hear people over the tinnitus today so joke's on that f*cker :pac:
    Call me a sucker but I'd go again at any price... if only in the hopes that they'll open the show with Right Now like they did in '08...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Oh lord no, JD's set was awful to anyone's ears. I admire him for giving it socks, but he's obviously pretty new to the whole producing thing and the tracks came across as very bland and aimless.
    As for the dickheads, I'd agree. Some fella was giving me stick for wearing ER20s, but I'm not struggling to hear people over the tinnitus today so joke's on that f*cker :pac:
    Call me a sucker but I'd go again at any price... if only in the hopes that they'll open the show with Right Now like they did in '08...

I don't know Joe, he's been doing that stuff long enough now to either be doing it well or he should know to give it up.....

what sort of mongol gives someone stick for wearing earplugs :rolleyes:

I loved the '08 gig, but every setlist can't be the same, just thought this one was a little too wide of the mark for most people......

Well, if they stay as prolific as they have been the last while we mightn't have to wait another 4 years for another show :rolleyes:

Advertisement