Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Leave and Benefit

Options
  • 01-03-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering can i take annual leave once I have given my 6 weeks notice of going on maternity leave, as I have loads of days which I will not be paid for so want to use. Also I was hoping to hold a few days and instead of working the last wk of my notice take it as AL so i can finsh as early as possible. I am on a contract which ends in Aug 2012 so I will be on Maternity Leave at this stage with no job to return to.

Also I am not married but living with my partner, who is in full time employment in Financial Services, will my Maternity Benefit application be assessed on his income.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, you can do this as long as your employer agrees to it.

If your employer doesn't agree to it, then you will be paid your outstanding annual leave balance when your contract ends in August.

To the best of my knowledge, Maternity Benefit is payable regardless of household income, the only thing that matters is the number of weeks PRSI you've paid beforehand. Even if your husband earns €100,000 a week, you can still claim maternity benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

how many weeks prsi do you have to have paid to qualify for maternity benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It can be complicated :D
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/maternity_benefit.html#l1f4da

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Best to apply at 24 weeks then argue! The dept will get back to you with in a few weeks to tell you if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

thanks for that, its complicated enough alright will have to have a good read of that when i get home, good idea to apply early too thanks x

• Advertisement
Advertisement