Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research paper topic on Euro debt or Great Recession?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have to write a +10 page research paper about anything and I wanted to write about the European debt crisis and how it is affecting international markets, but would that reach 10 pages? I was also thinking about something about the Great Recession and it's policies. But i don't think that would reach 10 pages unless i was really elaborate. Suggestion about different topics about economics would be good too, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

rxwong42 wrote: »
    I have to write a +10 page research paper about anything and I wanted to write about the European debt crisis and how it is affecting international markets, but would that reach 10 pages? I was also thinking about something about the Great Recession and it's policies. But i don't think that would reach 10 pages unless i was really elaborate. Suggestion about different topics about economics would be good too, thanks!

What year are you in/what's it for? I would've thought making the page limit would be the least of your worries; you could write an entire book on the debt crisis. Heck, you could probably make an entire academic career and write several books solely on the european crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rxwong42

11th grade and its for ap macro

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Ah, I assumed you were in University. Well, there's definitely 10 pages in the European crisis. You could even pick a single country (Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany) and write about their experience, either alone or in a comparative sense. You could talk about (for Ireland) the celtic tiger from c. 1990 to 2001, then the housing bubble from 2001 to 2008, and the subsequent bust from 2008 to now. There's at least 10 pages worth of back story and description and economic analysis. You could get Irish statistics from CSO.ie, centralbank.ie, and lots of other more international websites like eurostat, the world bank etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

You could easily get to ten pages on such a topic without even getting into the elaborate details of the crises, OP. Quite frankly I would even choose between the Great Recession and its aftermath in policymaking or else the Euro Debt Crisis and its impact upon financial markets, because both are extensive topics in themselves.

In addition to the statistical sources that have been outlined, there is a wealth of analysis and commentary from academic, EU institutional and private commercial sources online.
    But be careful to consult current discussions of the crises as you may find in media like Bloomberg, the WSJ, and the Financial Times as well, since the crises and their ramifications are very much ongoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rxwong42

okay, thanks! really appreciate the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I just did a short research paper on the European Sovereign Debt problem, I'm a graduate Business student and it was for my international business law class. I reached 3500 words, had to cut it back to the limit of 2500. Found it pretty easy to do anyway, save the editing.

Advertisement