Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad reaction to colour

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Looking for some advice

I had my hair highlighted in August and November after having it brown for a year. I went back to get my highlights done in December and my hair was getting really hot and colour had to be removed. Same thing happened in January. The hairdresser thought it might be the shampoo I was using coupled with the crap water in my area.

I've changed shampoo to recommended one and same thing happened today when I had a strand test.

I'm so fed up. My hair is vile and it's really getting me down. Do I have to move area to escape this water?

Any suggestions really appreciated.:confused::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'd change colourists TBH. I've never heard of shampoo or water causing problems with highlights!! Sounds like a poor excuse. I'm no expert when it comes to professional colour, but it may have been too strong a solution that was put on your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

shinikins wrote: »
    I'd change colourists TBH. I've never heard of shampoo or water causing problems with highlights!! Sounds like a poor excuse. I'm no expert when it comes to professional colour, but it may have been too strong a solution that was put on your hair.

Thanks, I have tried that though. This is the second one. Just at a loss as what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Look for a salon that uses ammonia free and paraben free colour such as loreal INOA. This could be an allergy to the above, which should be treated seriously as it can happen out of the blue, even if you have used hair dye before. In rare cases allergy to hair dye can cause anaphylactic shock. If you have cracked red skin on your scalp as a result of the last colour, or any swelling of your eyelids or skin or tongue, visit your doctor quickly.

I've also noticed some boxed permanent dye in chemists here in the west that are paraben and ammonia free, might be an option for you? These are not henna, which I wouldn't recommend, as it can limit your options afterwards and can also cause reactions.

Advertisement