Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Convention

Options
  • 29-02-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

http://www.pcon.ie/

Phoenix Convention IX is on this weekend. Anybody else planning on going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Me! Me! Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Had a great day today. Anybody other than Eileen and me show up from boards?

If you didn't, you missed a great weekend. The writing masterclass with Juliet E McKenna alone was going the weekend. Learning how to use Twitter effectively was a bonus. And hearing Kevin Barry saying "**** John Banville" was the cherry on the ice-cream.

The workshop was enjoyable but not as good as last year, imo. Who was that guy who looked like Bono? I want to get that picture :)

I wasn't there for last year's workshop. What was it?

Do you mean the guy giving the workshop with Juliet? Prof George Green.

• Advertisement

EileenG wrote: »
    I wasn't there for last year's workshop. What was it?

Do you mean the guy giving the workshop with Juliet? Prof George Green.

Lol no, remember the portrait of the guy who looked like Bono? He was on the right side of the screen.

Sorry. No idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

And hearing Kevin Barry saying "**** John Banville" was the cherry on the ice-cream.

What was the context?

Kinski wrote: »
    What was the context?

John Banville also writes crime stories under another name, and is on record as saying that as John Banville, he can only write 200 words a day, but as his alter-ego, he can knock out a couple of thousand. Kevin Barry said he prefered the crime stuff, and wasn't impressed by the snobbishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

John Banville also writes crime stories under another name, and is on record as saying that as John Banville, he can only write 200 words a day, but as his alter-ego, he can knock out a couple of thousand. Kevin Barry said he prefered the crime stuff, and wasn't impressed by the snobbishness.

Some say his crime stuff isn't even all that good compared to the best "full-time" crime writers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement