Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fis renewal during maternity leave

Options
  • 29-02-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all my fis was up on the 17 nov while I was on maternity leave. Rang about it 3 weeks ago was told it wouldn't start again till I returned to work which I did this week. So I rang them to make sure it would be there tomorrow guess what no but said it would be there next week. So why is it not paid till u return to work while on ml. 17 weeks now it's beyond a joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

channaigh wrote: »
    Hi all my fis was up on the 17 nov while I was on maternity leave. Rang about it 3 weeks ago was told it wouldn't start again till I returned to work which I did this week. So I rang them to make sure it would be there tomorrow guess what no but said it would be there next week. So why is it not paid till u return to work while on ml. 17 weeks now it's beyond a joke

It shouldnt make any difference that you are on MAT leave,they can still process the claim and they are now processing claims from 1/12/11.

EDIT:
    Were you on unpaid mat leave?Did you recieve the 26 weeks MAT from DSP and not return to work until this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Not sure if this will help but I received FIS throughout my maternity. However, at the end of my maternity I arranged with my employers to take two weeks annual leave. My FIS payment stopped as soon as my maternity ended. I received a form from FIS for my employers to fill in stating that I was still working. My employer filled in this form to say that I was on two weeks holidays and was due to return to work at the end of the two weeks. After the two weeks ended, they rang my employer to make sure I had in fact returned to work. Not exactly like your case but it seems as though you are entitled to it while on maternity but you have to prove that you return to work as soon as it ends. Maybe this is because some people take unpaid time off once maternity ends and I imagine in that case a person would not be entitled to claim FIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

If you go on unpaid leave after MAT you have no entitlement to FIS but you do get paid FIS will on MAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Guys can ye help me I nt due back to work till the 14th of this month and this has been the second week of no payment with fis or maternity leave my wee one is only gone six months since Tuesday gone I got no letter to tell me its been stopped is this right will I get my fis back soon as I start work again or how dose this work please need help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gillers28

Tashie wrote: »
    Guys can ye help me I nt due back to work till the 14th of this month and this has been the second week of no payment with fis or maternity leave my wee one is only gone six months since Tuesday gone I got no letter to tell me its been stopped is this right will I get my fis back soon as I start work again or how dose this work please need help
    Well i went bak to wrk lst april and my fis stopped witout warbing i rang and rang and they said i need a letter frm wrk to say wen i returned bit i duno y u w er stoped ao soon did u try ringing and asking why

• Advertisement
Advertisement