Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Ball gone

Options
  • 29-02-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/true-blood-alan-ball-step-show-runner-hit-hbo-series-season-article-1.1029849

Alan Ball’s position as show-runner for “True Blood,” it’s almost done.
    The creator of the hit HBO series will step down as the day-to-day mastermind of the show at the end of this summer’s fifth season, Ball and the network announced Monday night.
    The 54-year-old executive producer, who helped usher Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse to the small screen, will stay on as an advisor on the show, assuming “True Blood” is picked up for a sixth season.
    The move, however, frees Ball up to produce more shows for HBO and sister network Cinemax - which is airing his newest series, “Banshee”, which starts filming this spring.
    “True Blood has been, and will continue to be, a highlight of not only my career but my life,” Ball said in a statement. “Because of the fantastic cast, writers, producers and crew, with whom I have been lucky enough to work these past five years, I know I could step back and the show will continue to thrive as I look forward to new and exciting ventures.”

Advertisement