Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing the right brand

Options
  • 29-02-2012 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I've been smoking since October maybe, and I roll my own. I originally chose Amber Leaf, which was nice, but then I started to hate it after a while, so I then tried Drum. Drum was epic to say the least. however I find I'm not able to take big pulls of it. Anyone know any tobacco that tastes similar to Drum, but easier to take a bigger pull? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Try them all and make your own discoveries. No one else will ever be able to taste as you taste, to draw as you draw, to smell the aromas as you smell the aromas.
    The huge pleasure (for me anyway) of tobacco is trying new brands. I have a selection of tobaccos/cigars. Each one is special in it's own way, some smoke better in the mornings, some are best late in the night and so on.

Don't fall into the trap of being stuck on one brand. That is like only ever eating beef and never experiencing lamb. It's like only drinking larger and never tasting cider. It's like only ever tasting one flavour of Pringles.
    You'll never truly know what you like till you try it yourself. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Samson?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbie8108

try golden virginia it has very nice not to harsh taste and you can take long pulls

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

OldGoat wrote: »
    Try them all and make your own discoveries. No one else will ever be able to taste as you taste, to draw as you draw, to smell the aromas as you smell the aromas.
    The huge pleasure (for me anyway) of tobacco is trying new brands. I have a selection of tobaccos/cigars. Each one is special in it's own way, some smoke better in the mornings, some are best late in the night and so on.

Don't fall into the trap of being stuck on one brand. That is like only ever eating beef and never experiencing lamb. It's like only drinking larger and never tasting cider. It's like only ever tasting one flavour of Pringles.
    You'll never truly know what you like till you try it yourself. :)

beautifully put

i think i cried a little :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

piston wrote: »
    Samson?

+1

I agree with OldGoat but if your looking for a similar smoke I'd suggest Samson, plus I think it tastes nicer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement