Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurolites Position on LHD Fiat Ducato

Options
  • 28-02-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a LHD but I don't drive at night over here so have'nt needed to use the Eurolites (Beam Benders) yet.

I have the VTN test booked for Thursday and I'm having trouble with the Instructions as I think they sent me the english instructions for GB -> EU and the French -> UK packaging and benders.

I'm hoping that if I post a picture of a similar van here that someone could colour in roughly where they think I should put the beam benders? Thanks in advance. I have made a rough attempt based on the instructions but this seems to be on the wrong side? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Right I have added them as per the instructions on the packet.

Hope it passes DOE tommorrow.

Brought her for a spin today and cleaned her up.

Had to mop the roof but it cleaned up nicely.

How do most people cleaned the roof of their MHs?

Cheers

Failed on a shock which isn't too bad.

Anyone know a good supplier?

Are shocks on campers slightly different?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Its not enough to say you don't drive at night. You may need to use in fog, breakdown and its dark before you get going again.

That been said I have a RHD and never use them in France ;)

Yeah fair point, the thing about going to France is that I'm ready to go ;-)

Spoke to the lad in the VTN and he didn't seem to mind the beam benders or comment to much on them.

He did say that one ofbmy headlamps was pointing slightly up but he'd adjust it for me. Good service, that's what you want.

My indicators were working before the test but now aren't must be a fuse blown? Is this common when being ran through a DOE test?

Just have to get the shock done now.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

I took my beam benders with me and the guy put them on so they are set up correctly (fair play to him !!!) with the test machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Guys - I need to get beam benders also - I looked on Halfords online but they only seem to have IE - > EU ones.

Or am I being totally daft ?? Will the beam benders work with both types of lights (i.e. EU -> IE and IE -> EU) just depending on how you place ?

I got mine on eBay. French to GB with English instructions. They arent the same as the the GB to EU ones as they bend the beam in the opposite direction.

The part of the beam that bends is the one closest to the road edge I.e That lights up road signs etc

The idea is to stop this blinding other road users while driving in a different country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I buy ones for the garage that will work on either LHD or RHD . And have passed DOE with them .

Some campers have different "shocks" (or more correctly termed , dampers) , but that's rare , most usually found on high spec A class machines.

re the indicators , the test should make no difference , unless there was a loose wire that was shaken off , during the test .

Advertisement