Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Health Nursing

Options
  • 28-02-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone have experience of applying for Public Health Nursing? I understand the HSE interview can be particularly challenging.. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Postgraduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm afraid I can't be any help to you, but I really can't wait for my PHN placement, it sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dublingirl83

Hi Sally,
    I done the interview a couple of weeks ago and got accepted into the course for this year if you have any questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Hi Sally,
    I done the interview a couple of weeks ago and got accepted into the course for this year if you have any questions...

What was the interview like and what experience did they require of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dublingirl83

What was the interview like and what experience did they require of you?

I'm 3 months into the course now. Interview was tough enough, but they do you plenty of info to prepare for it.

It's competency based, so they give you topics such as: management, prioritising, communication etc and you have to be able to explain how you have shown these skills in work.
    Then there was some questions on legislation such as safety act, primary heath documents.

You need minimum 2 yrs consecutive general nursing... In the course there is a mixture of general nurses ( some staff nurses some CMN's) and community based nurses, about 5 midwives and 4 paed nurses.

Just prepare yourself for the paycut as back on student wages for the year... Tough if you have a mortage, family etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭OL16

djpbarry wrote: »
    Moved from Postgraduates.

Public Health Nursing IS a Postgrad course.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 suji

Hi everyone. I have applied for the student Public Health nurse sponsorship program for this year. I was wondering how would the interview be like. What sort of questions do they ask? Anyone please help me to prepare for this interview. I would really appreciate your help on this?

thanks

Advertisement