Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth scrappimg

Options
  • 28-02-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Sometimes (rarely) when I close my teeth down I get this reflex and they move sideways a bit, scrapping against each other (there's this scrapping sound). I was wondering if this can wear the teeth down (it's not really forceful as grinding). It just happened half an hour ago and I'm a bit worried it might wear down my teeth. It's like the teeth get an impulse to do that when they touch each other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PeterB11

Happens to me the very odd time too, get a feeling like listening to nails been dragged over blackboard.. Horrible feeling although not painful.

Doubt it does any damage, its never enough force to chip the teeth and its so rare it wouldn't get the chance to eventually erode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sometimes your teeth over erupt especially wisdom teeth and interfere with the bite driving it off on closure and causing a deflection. Also the teeth around where you have a tooth out do the same, this is one reason always to replace missing teeth. This is usually not a problem, however sometimes the dentist can grind some teeth to make it more even. A lot of people have this issue.

Advertisement