Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caseys last opponent

Options
  • 28-02-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=582190&cat=boxer

This was a gross miss match and will have done Casey little credit for the 1st round win, ex euro champ,prizefighter winner and world title challenger against little more than a novice how do promoters get away with these matches
    it was as big a miss match as Casey against Riggo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Went to that Casey fight, never seen so many pavies in my whole life. Dunno why he's not out there trying to get back on the world stage, Rigo is literally world class, getting horsed by him was expected, but there's still decent fights out there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

He had 3 much better opponents pull out in the three weeks before the fight and many more turn it down as well.

Also what level of an opponent do you think would be in the budget for Casey on an untelevised show 4 hours drive from Caseys fan base? Let's get real like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

WELL IT WAS A CRAP BILL FOR A START,AND TO THROW A NOVICE IN AGAINST CASEY DOS THE GAME NO FAVOURS

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

I'm going to be honest with you man, having shows full stop is doing the game a lot of favours. The pro sport is essentially dead in this country since RTE stopped backing shows. There are no opportunities...at all...for a lot of talented boxers here. If there's a place for them to get any kind of work, that's great. Our guys are relying totally on American and English promoters to get them fights. If those options aren't open for them, they don't really have anywhere to go.

If they made decent cards the likes of Channel 5 might pick it up... a mix of upcoming British and Irish fighters would get interest from the British public and tv companies and give our domestic fighters a chance to shine.

• Advertisement

duagre wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest with you man, having shows full stop is doing the game a lot of favours. The pro sport is essentially dead in this country since RTE stopped backing shows. There are no opportunities...at all...for a lot of talented boxers here. If there's a place for them to get any kind of work, that's great. Our guys are relying totally on American and English promoters to get them fights. If those options aren't open for them, they don't really have anywhere to go.

If i were in Caseys shoes id give America a go better opportunities for him there im sure' Lee and Duddy did well there why not Casey and he did hold the euro title which is a lot more than Duddy or Lee have done

barney4001 wrote: »
    WELL IT WAS A CRAP BILL FOR A START,AND TO THROW A NOVICE IN AGAINST CASEY DOS THE GAME NO FAVOURS

Kanales was no novice, he had 7 fights and won 6 of them. Granted the quality of his wins were against poor opposition.

But like I say he had other better opponents who pulled out, what would you suggest he does, pull himself off the bill after training for six weeks? I thought Kanales was "OK" for someone that was acquired at 48 hours notice.

If i were in Caseys shoes id give America a go better opportunities for him there im sure' Lee and Duddy did well there why not Casey and he did hold the euro title which is a lot more than Duddy or Lee have done

Its alright for lads without wives or families to go globetrotting. That isnt the case for Casey. I'd say being in Belfast is hard enough on him.

Its alright for lads without wives or families to go globetrotting. That isnt the case for Casey. I'd say being in Belfast is hard enough on him.
    Casey is from limerick

Casey is from limerick

Your point being?

• Advertisement

Your point being?

That it being so close that he doesn't have to have a training camp anywhere other than home I'd imagine

Your point being?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BELFAST LIMERICK??????????????

Obviously I am dealing with an idiot here.

Do you know where Casey trains?

Try reading posts, engaging your brain and slacking off on the CAPS before posting in future. :cool:

whats the last bill you went to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

quit talking in caps or there'll be a paddling....

Obviously I am dealing with an idiot here.

Do you know where Casey trains?

Try reading posts, engaging your brain and slacking off on the CAPS before posting in future. :cool:

Ah so its insults now is it,well its obvious Casey trains in a gym probably Limerick not Belfast,last bill i was at was probably the Gilroy/ Caldwell era when a world champion was the real champion and not these TV title holders

Ah so its insults now is it,well its obvious Casey trains in a gym probably Limerick not Belfast,last bill i was at was probably the Gilroy/ Caldwell era when a world champion was the real champion and not these TV title holders

He trains in Belfast and has done for some time now.

"TV title holders"

If only there was any TV!

I'll be honest your knowledge is coming across as if the last time you watched a fight was a the Benny Leonard era.

He trains in Belfast and has done for some time now.

"TV title holders"

If only there was any TV!

I'll be honest your knowledge is coming across as if the last time you watched a fight was a the Benny Leonard era.

Benny Leonard eh ,one of the greatest men in boxing who never put a foot wrong in life' he also fought the greatest Irish man ever to get into a ring Jimmy McLarnin

Big Ears wrote: »

I was aware that Casey went to Breens gym for sparring purposes,and its been a long time from i had a paddle

tumblr_l6j7fauFth1qztjn5o1_500.png
    I was aware that Casey went to Breens gym for sparring purposes,and its been a long time from i had a paddle

• Advertisement

Big Ears wrote: »

Wrong (again)

Casey has been at the Gleann Gym in West Belfast with the McCullaghs for nearly a year now.

Wrong (again)

Casey has been at the Gleann Gym in West Belfast with the McCullaghs for nearly a year now.

Must have picked it up wrong Breen /Gleann sound similar to me

Must have picked it up wrong Breen /Gleann sound similar to me

yeah yeah, of course! :rolleyes:

Advertisement