Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howitzer VV

Options
  • 28-02-2012 8:08pm

got this today from safer cigs.

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/The_Howitzer_vv/p705283_5761988.aspx

£57.50 less 10% with discount code "ukvapers" + postage of £6

Seems pretty good so far. I don't know how it performs under load but I haven't as yet noticed a drop off in perf at a set voltage. Am using the 3ml (also comes with 5ml) Grande clearomiser that it came with - seems pretty decent.

Couple of small niggles: -

+ the smaller 18350 tube doesn't fit easily onto the voltage device - probably just a bit of a manufacturing thing on the connectors but it works ok. Other tube goes on and off grand

+ there is a clock and date on it but that's effectively a bit useless as when you change batteries it resets

+ charger is 2 pin euro but you can of course fit it into 3 pin plug socket by inserting something into the earth

+ doesn't tell you exactly voltage of battery but it does give you an indicator (type like on a phone - battery type graphic)

On the plus side does work well, screen is very clear and easy to read. Having the 2 tube/battery sizes is pretty cool - like a mini and normal size in one

Comments

Oh and when you 5-click the main button to turn off it says
    "Goodbye my master" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    when you switch it off it says 'goodbye my master'.

Seriously.

Does it? :D

Hope it works out for ya Glasso, clueless when it comes to batttery mod specs etc.

lol ..ya got there before me
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76598332&postcount=17

it appears that the 18350 and 18500 battery that it comes with are protected - good to know and a step up from the usual rubbish batteries that some mods come with in the kit.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_152&products_id=688

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Looks like a fantastic device....really a competitor for the Lavatube!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

about the clock resetting when you take the battery out

on the lavatube, you have about 5 seconds or a little more to replace batteries before your set voltage resets.. maybe it's the same with the voltage/clock on the howitzer

• Advertisement

about the clock resetting when you take the battery out

on the lavatube, you have about 5 seconds or a little more to replace batteries before your set voltage resets.. maybe it's the same with the voltage/clock on the howitzer

might give it a go to see if I can speed change. not a big deal as I don't plan to use my ecig as a watch!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh
    ive actually tried to see how slow I have to change the battery before the voltage resets
    so long as you have the charged battery nearby when you're replacing it, you'll be ok. provided the howitzer has the same couple of seconds leeway that is

overall after a few days happy enough with this thing. does what it says on the tin.

It's not confirmed yet but some say that it's probably like the lavatube in that there is a 2.5amps safety limit on it so you won't be able to vape very low resistance attomisers on it. (if volts / resistance > 2.5 won't work).

Haven't seen anyone do an under load test either - not sure if it's any better than the lavatube in that respect - remains to be seen.

the kit is good value tho for those considering a vv device as the batteries are protected and the clearomisers that it comes with seem to be pretty decent.

the screen is a lot better than the lavatube and the different sizes aspect I personally like.

so all in all, not a bad option for venturing in vv, without spending a fortune.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Was just about to take the plunge here, but they are outa stock...sickened!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I 've heard of a couple of people that have had terrible problems with them here;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-mods-discussion/274189-anyone-actually-tried-vision-tox-vv-aka-howitzer-aka-gs-sub-yet-dying-hear-2.html
    Well did some testing on my Tox today and not good news at a 6v setting with a 3ohm boge carto I only get 4.2 volts under load at 4.2 volts under the same 3ohm load I only get 3.5 volts under load at 3.7 volts under the same 3ohm load I only get 3.3 volts. So I am thinking of sending it back. A 3ohm boge should let the Tox run up to its six volts rating with the 2.5 amp limiter. Oh and I tried this with both battery sizes with same results.

Here too;

Apparently they could early versions.

• Advertisement

my one works perfectly. a case of a guy getting a bad one going ape on youtube. he's so ugly that I couldn't watch the video.

Advertisement