Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creevaghbui estate, Ballymahon

Options
  • 28-02-2012 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone live in this estate? I'm looking to buy a 3 bed semi very soon and these are a fine big house that seem to be well built. I'm just wondering if the shared wall between the houses is thick ie. can you hear everything your neighbours do or is it soundproofed well? Feel free to PM me with details and thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Don't know but don't pay more that 99K for it. Cause I'll sell you a 4 bed detached for that (that's pretty much ready to walk into)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

lol that's a damn god offer but I'm afraid those houses aren't even close to that. And also, it's not my money so cheapest wins I'm afraid!

Not to come on a bit Arthur Daly but I could go lower. Also, remember that if it's a new house, you'll be looking at pumping the guts of 10K into it (floor and window coverings, appliances etc).
    That said, your best bet with any prospective buy is to go and knock on a few doors in the area and ask the people living there what it's like.

Ya see I want to do that but I asked on here before if it's an acceptable thing to do and most of the replies said no, it's a bit weird!

The house has everything done. It just needs furnishing and for the price it's at 10k is nothin! But sure if ya wanna PM me the details or a link to a site if it's on one I can always have a nose :)

We've knocked on doors with anywhere we've though of buying. It is a bit cheeky but if people in the estate get riled by people knocking on their doors, then I think that says something two. One of the places we looked (in Kildare) nobody would answer the door. We collared a guy out washing his car and while he was happy enough to talk to us, he was trying to finish up quickly as we approached.

• Advertisement

That is a very good point actually. Yeah, I may take a trip up there and try and chat someone.

I haven't gotten up there yet to ask the residents so if anyone has any experience of the estate please let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Hi, I know plenty of people living in there and I've been in and out of the estate a few times, they seem quite approachable. Your best bet is to go in and ask. Plenty of people do that, I know I've been asked about my own estate a few times. It makes sense I would've thought?

Advertisement