Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dentist sent me a bill for €30 Thought i havent been in 2 years

Options
  • 28-02-2012 12:25pm

post arrived and in the middle of it was a bill for €30 euro WTF

I HAVENT BEEN TO A DENTIST IN OVER 2 YEARS

so what the hell the bill is the for professional servies XD LOL

there having a laugh right chancers they are

tried ringing surprises surprise last 2 hours its on voicemail

my guess it they sent loads if theese to customers to chance there arm

is this the new version of the ESB where if you dont go to the dentist there a charge anywho XD LOL

wtf is wrong with people money is truly the route of all evils

EDIT the dentist i used to attend is aka i will never be going there again is the dentist in **mod edit too identifiable**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Hi there tajd.

Why the dentist sent you a bill is not know. Sometimes if there is a balance on the computer system, they are checked periodically and bill sent out for outstanding amounts. I would respectfully suggest that there was a balance on your account with the dentist (whether this is real or an error we cannot tell).

Take it up with the dentist, the dental issues forum is not a area to give out about specific dentists.

BTW 2 years is too long between dental visits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

tajd wrote: »
    post arrived and in the middle of it was a bill for €30 euro WTF

I HAVENT BEEN TO A DENTIST IN OVER 2 YEARS

so what the hell the bill is the for professional servies XD LOL

Did you make an appointment and not attend without notice thereby wasting clinical time? This may be a "did not attend" fee..??

People not attending confirmed appointments is killing my business as;
    I make nothing for that hour
    I still pay rent, rates, light, heat, equipment, nurse wage, receptionist wage.
    It's too late to get someone else into that appointment slot
    I've probably put off another patient who may be in pain......
    Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i'd imagine it's what OS said. you may have made a follow up appointment when you were there last time and forgot about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Woah there. It could be a computor error, or a human error on their part or even yours?! I doubt they decided to randomly send out bills "to chance their arm", and even if they did, €30 would barely cover the cost of an electric toothbrush for them! Probably a simple explanation OP, no need lose the rag before finding out the full story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You would be suppressed how often a dentist will have another patient with the same names as you. Its easy to click to wrong person into the computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement