Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Value beer/low % beer!

Options
  • 28-02-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My doc says I drink too much, he wants me to cut down to 12 pints a week and drink no more than 6ish in one sitting.

Usually, at the weekend, I'd have 10 ish cans, and I usually drink the first 4 fairly fast. Instead on drinking only 6 at a much slower pace I'd rathare drink 10 cans of say 2.5 -3% beer.

Lastnight, I tried a shandy, half and half beer and lemonade..yuck..was like cream soda..too sweet.

After doing online research, the only beer I could find at the desired % was tesco value:eek:..is this readily available in Tesco? How bad is it, and is there any readily available decent alternatives?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

I drank loads of that stuff over a couple of years,found it to be quite drinkable. Maybe it's just that I got use to it,I don't know,but I was happy enough. I was going through so much of the stuff,I just couldn't afford to be buying all the popular lolly water crap at the price it was then. And also,being 3%,I wasn't wanting to get sloshed on it,it's just that I liked to have 3 or 4 cans after a long day. gave it up in the end,mainly to stop the growth of the belly!
    The big brands spend billions on sponsorship,advertising,and have reps running up huge bills,Tesco dosn't,so there's where the price differs,nothing to do with quality ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Rangi wrote: »
    I drank loads of that stuff over a couple of years,found it to be quite drinkable. Maybe it's just that I got use to it,I don't know,but I was happy enough. I was going through so much of the stuff,I just couldn't afford to be buying all the popular lolly water crap at the price it was then. And also,being 3%,I wasn't wanting to get sloshed on it,it's just that I liked to have 3 or 4 cans after a long day. gave it up in the end,mainly to stop the growth of the belly!
    The big brands spend billions on sponsorship,advertising,and have reps running up huge bills,Tesco dosn't,so there's where the price differs,nothing to do with quality ime.

Nice one, thanks for the reply.

Tbh, I'm expecting it to taste like beer flavoured water..but it will be better than a beer shandy. Where did you buy yours? The pictures I saw online showed 2.5%...another showed 3%...I checked my local tesco and they dont stock it..ideally I'd rather something higher quality but mid-strength beers seem to be non existent with the likes of tuborg 4% being the lowest % I can find.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

why not just have 6 cans of nice beer???

Tesco beer is, just like you said, beer flavoured water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

leggit wrote: »
    why not just have 6 cans of nice beer???

Tesco beer is, just like you said, beer flavoured water.

That would never work..If I head into my mates on a sat night, where I usually drink 10ish cans..I would find it difficult to suddenly switch to 6..after 6 I'd prob end up having more ..Id rather just drink at my usual pace and have 8-9 cans of a 3% beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

I know it might sound stupid but drink 6 decent and 3 non alcoholic? now granted i've never tried non alcoholic options so could taste dire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

I know it might sound stupid but drink 6 decent and 3 non alcoholic? now granted i've never tried non alcoholic options so could taste dire

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Long time since I bought it,but was a yellow and white can,with 'Lager' writen on it in large lettering. Most Tesco's had it. Aprox €9 a dozen last time I got it. There was a similar can,blue and white,was 4%,but was minging.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry folks - but this is not the forum to discuss what to drink or not to drink if you have an issue with it. This forum is for the discussion of the enjoyment (hopefully) of beers, wines & spirits.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement