Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T&RS: Why is it the only sub forum for tranport?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭

Every other major form of Commuting or Transport now has it's own forum sitting apart:

Motors
    Aviation
    Maritime (bout time too :))
    Cycling
    Roads

Why does Train and Rail still sit under the C&T parent forum when all others have been made proper fora in their own right? T&R was created for the same reasons as A&A and Maritime IMO, to seperate out the specific interests in hardware and ops etc rather than the "what train can I get and what cost is it" type questions.

What specifically sets it apart from the rest that it has to sit under C&T while the rest don't?

(Bump to feedback if more appropriate :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

whilst I agree with you mostly, I'd point out that Classic Cars is a sub of Motors. Motors is really a forum for car fans but gets no end of dross posts such as "I've been clamped" which should be lesewhere.

I would think that Commuting should be a stand alone forum and Transport an umbrella for the others with "Rail Heritage and Operations" an equal with Classic cars etc.

Probably I'll get accused of moaning and groaning for saying so though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Roads is a sub of Infrastructure.

I think it's fine as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm just happy there is a T&RS forum tbh. It could be a subforum of Cooking & Recipes for all i care.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Roads is under infrastructure.

I have preciously suggested reorganisation of the travel/transport and property/construction areas, but it hasn't gained traction.

Advertisement