Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slightly damp blackout blinds

Options
  • 28-02-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    I have a 2004 motorhome which I got last year. Has been running great so far for us. I just noticed today that when I raised the 2 main blackout blinds on each side, they were damp to the touch - not dripping wet, but notably moist. One was worse than the other. It's stored outside with no cover on it. I haven't had a dehumidifier running. Just wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it be just condensation, or signs of a more sinister damp problem? There's no other discoloration, or softness/sponginess on the inside walls.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Hi

Don't want to freak you out but I had this about 12 months ago. Without going into too much detail, you should get a a damp test done and maybe look at resealing your windows before you get a real damp problem. There's plenty of professionals on this forum who could look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

It might be a simple cause but the best advice is to get this checked out professionally asap. If it turns out to be a simple issue then you have just bought yourself some peace of mind. If it is more serious then tackling it sooner rather than later could save you a small fortune.

Advertisement