Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am pretty damn great so why.....

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

do I feel so resentful of myself?
    I was lying in bed with my toddler getting her to sleep and I started to think of all the difficulties and crap I've had in my life and I'm still here and smiling. So why do I feel so unhappy in myself.
    I have no self esteem or confidence in myself. I have huge problems forgiving and trusting people. I am a typical wallflower, I find it very difficult to talk to new people.
    I am attending counselling and I'm on anti d's. I'm not sure how much good it's doing though. I want to look in the mirror, tell myself all I have come through and love myself; how can I do this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

hi, Maybe you need to get out and do things for yourself, not for your kids or anything. Like get a new hobby or something, and put some focus on that. Join a choir or dance class.
    IMO half of people will have gone through awful things in their life, and have encountered unjust hardship, but you need to live and let live. concentrate on the good things in your life, your daughter, and try not to be bitter about the past.
    sorry, I sound very cliché here. And also, maybe mention it to your councilor about these reoccurring thoughts.
    good luck, and think happy thoughts! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi, there's an existing thread on depression and anxiety so I'll lock this one and you can post in the other one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement